Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: grew up there class of 1980
Spambot: No
I went down memory lane in the Historical Society, and was so disappointed I didn't see any mention or pictures of Fulsher School. I went to the little brick school house grades 2-4; Mrs. Allard, Miss Tuttle and Mr. Kolasa...(years 1968-71) We had the cafeteria with homemade food in the basement, and the best end of year "pot luck" I can ever remember, and was so much fun. I had some wonderful memories there. Is it still standing, what ever happened to it? Been many, many years since I have been back. :D
Thanks,
Renee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
There is a rather large picture of the Fulsher school on the north wall of the class room area and a copy of an old year book in the book rack. I am not sure if there are any other documents.

You don't want to see what the old school looks like now. It has turned into a disaster area. I also attended the Fulsher school back in the 50's (53-59) and it makes me just about sick to see it now. After the school district sold the building it has turned into a junk yard. The guy that has it is a junk collector and uses the building to store all his junk. The rooms are full of junk and so is the yard. There has been nothing done to maintain the building and the roof has collapsed. I wouldn't be surprised if the floors have also by now. When you drive by you can look through the windows and see the sun shining in through the roof. It was a nice building that someone could have made into something decent, but now the best thing that could happen would be for it to be torn down before it collapses in a big heap.

Be thankful that you have fond memories of the school and can remember what it was like back then. It is better than seeing what it is like now.

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:13 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Old Scout wrote:
It has turned into a disaster area.

EXACTLY!!!!

It`s blight for the area around it. :shock:
The entire area should be cleared and cleaned up. :)
Isn`t the owner of that property in violation of property codes! :wink:
Tourists visiting the area must shake their heads in disgust when they drive by. :roll: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: grew up there class of 1980
Spambot: No
OMG! How sad that is! I remember the inside to this day, and how charming it was with the hardwood floors, staircase upstairs, and to the right the basement area and kitchen, BIG classrooms and all the windows, and big portrait of President Washington hanging on the left wall upon entering, and the smell of the mimeograph machine all the classes used in the center.
How tragic it is. When I come home to visit, I must look up in the books you suggested and take a drive. It will break my heart to see it in that condition. Thanks.