Gas prices

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: Visiting

Gas prices

Postby Howisthisworking » Tue May 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Here we are 5 days before Memorial Day and already the gas prices jumped 5 cents. Prices never used to be more than 10 cents difference from here to Plover and Madison. So why is Tomahawk alway 20 cents higher now? Maybe when the new Kwik Trip opens it may show others some integrity and keep prices level with other areas. Last year they were 40 cents higher than 50 miles away. Seems like price gouging to me.

Howisthisworking
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: Visiting

Re: Gas prices

Postby Howisthisworking » Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Today prices were $2.37 in Woodruff, same with station on 51 near Hwy L, who can explain the high prices in Tomahawk? Last 30 years prices were always higher further North of tomahawk, did they open a new refinery further North of Lincoln county? Didn't think so. Why are prices at $2.44 per gallon?

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 am

It`s around $2.27 in Milwaukee.

Some are a little higher, some are a little lower.

Unfortunately, it`s Reformulated Ethanol Gas.

I`d pay more for real gas. :wink:

I don`t even want to use that gas in my motorcycle, lawnmower, or any small engine! :shock:

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Thu May 25, 2017 10:11 pm

I have often questioned the pricing of gas in the area. Seems a little strange that all the producers prices go up at the same time. :roll:
I have heard rumors that when one dealer gets a raise in price that phone calls are made to the others so they can follow suite and thus avoid any type of price war and keep thing at an even state for all of them.

I also don't like running that corn gas in my small engines. I was advised by a dealer that even though it costs a little more that I should run premium gas in them. They start easier and it is better for the engine.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 am

I wonder if we could lower the gas prices if only 2 grades of gas would be sold? :?:

Just lower octane and the higher octane. :wink:

Do we really need 3 grades of gas? :(

Return to “General Discussion”