Just for baby

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
aphephilia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Just for baby

Postby aphephilia » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:06 pm

Gee, sorry Jeff, guess I just got bored with the feral cat discussion :p

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:36 pm

Tilt.

How's your brother doing?

<small>[ April 28, 2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

TenaciousT
General User
General User

Postby TenaciousT » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:37 pm

Ritual and tradition nearly killed my relationsip with God. What pulled me through was a period of recovering from the Catholic church and the ability to seek things out on my own. Like any child, i could only take what was fed to me for so long before i wanted to feed myself. My beef with Catholicism is that some people are telling me what's right and wrong, when most of them are in no position to do so. I started questioning my catholic upbringings around the time of my first confession. I confessed several times after that, and every time i wondered what they were basing this garbage on. They told me how many hail mary's and how many our father's i had to say in order for my sins to be forgiven. Then, in the next breath, they'd tell me how if i prayed to God about my sins and was genuinely sorry, i would be forgiven. So at that point, i figured "hey. this relationship has a few too many people in it. Shouldn't my relationship with God be a me and God sort of thing?" so i cut out the middle man. I think if you get stuck in any routine for a long enough time, you're going to go through a period of mid-life crisis. Turns out, the Catholic church is quite a bit more routine-ish than most. Anyway. Enough of me. you kids take care.
Baby, you know if you’re not beautiful /Just cover it up /With make-up kits and perforated scalpel seams,/ We’ll do you right up/ I’m so obsessed with looking like celebrities/ Make myself throw up /But it’s all right cause one day I know I’ll be fine/ like everyone else.

TenaciousT
General User
General User

Postby TenaciousT » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:39 pm

speaking of rituals and traditions....why do we always get drawn into the same crap on this message board all the time.
Baby, you know if you’re not beautiful /Just cover it up /With make-up kits and perforated scalpel seams,/ We’ll do you right up/ I’m so obsessed with looking like celebrities/ Make myself throw up /But it’s all right cause one day I know I’ll be fine/ like everyone else.

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:02 am

Ritual and tradition!!
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Dopey Dwarf
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Re:

Postby Dopey Dwarf » Mon May 02, 2005 10:27 pm

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

TenaciousT
General User
General User

Postby TenaciousT » Tue May 03, 2005 5:37 pm

I say we call Tuesday the new holiday. With $1.50 top shelf drinks at Mabel Murphy's, it's easy to get drunk and act stupid. And there are plenty of dart boards for everyone.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Tue May 03, 2005 10:52 pm

Tangents be ****ed, I guess. Mabel Murphy's in Stevens Point??

<small>[ May 03, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

TenaciousT
General User
General User

Postby TenaciousT » Wed May 04, 2005 11:28 pm

Main Street in Oshkosh. In fact, they have holidays for pretty much every day of the week. Monday is all Miller products for 1.25, tuesday is 1.50 top shelf....i have night class on wednesdays, so i don't know about that one. Thursday is 1.50 import night. And the rest of the week can just turn into a blur if you're not careful. That's another national holiday full of expenses, alcohol, and debauchery i like to call "the weekend." I hear in Madison they celebrate Thursday as Weekend Eve. According to Baby, they're a lot smarter down there, and Weekend Eve is just evidence.

JayOMF
Typical Poster
Typical Poster
Tie to Tomahawk: My Hometown

Postby JayOMF » Thu May 05, 2005 8:55 am

Tenacious, do you realize what this means? Cinco de Mayo AND Weekend Eve all in one? Great Scott!
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S Preston, Esquire & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Deb Richardson » Thu May 05, 2005 1:19 pm

TT, I'm sure you are making your Mom proud!! You better find an espeically nice card along with a nice floral arrangement. Weekend eve is a tradition in most college towns. Even college little towns. Like Ripon. What would baby have to say about that!?!?

Side note TT, I know you have either a designated driver or you walk to these establisments.

OK, now I'm going to date myself, does Granny's still exist in Oshkosh. Back in the day that was the place to go.

TenaciousT
General User
General User

Postby TenaciousT » Thu May 05, 2005 9:21 pm

Of course i walk to these places. I'm a big fan of not being a stupid drinker, and with all the bars within a mile of my house, it just makes sense. I can burn off the calories, and sidewalks offer plenty of straight lines to stay coordinated with. And my mom knows i'm responsible when i drink. At least i hope she does, because i tell her all the time when she accuses me of being a lush. Anyhoo, i haven't heard of granny's. There was a place called Grandma's in Superior that was pretty cool. That was back in the day when i was underage, but they had live music and darts and pool tables and soda in the downstairs part, and drinking upstairs. Many a good time was had selling plasma and playing cricket with a frosty mug of pepsi. Come to think of it, that's pretty much a typical night at Mabel's, although sometimes i substitue Miller High Life or gin and tonic for the pepsi....that's about all i have for tonight. that and.....SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!!

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Deb Richardson » Fri May 06, 2005 6:37 am

Granny's was in Oshkosh on the north end, almost out of town. Lots of good bands, dancin', and a beverage or two. I was teasing about making your Mom proud TT.

Marty
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby Marty » Fri May 13, 2005 11:52 pm

Has anyone noticed how bad the ticks are this year? My husband already has been treated for the lyme's!!

Marty
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby Marty » Fri May 13, 2005 11:55 pm

In case anyone wonders, I'm acting for Baby, and just changing the subject in different replies, instead of just one. But, seriously, I think Baby has become burned out on helping others. It is quite common in missionary work. When you fight the darkness, it is difficult after a while to see anything else.

Marty
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby Marty » Sat May 14, 2005 12:02 am

And on the subject of traditions, Christ was angry at the priests, Saducees, and such as they put tradition first. Thru the use of tradition, the church had forgotten it's basic devotion and that was to honor God and to sheppard the members of the institution. When a church feels the need to entertain the congregation to survive, it is no longer functioning as a house of the Lord. I've seen this a lot lately, and think it is sad.

Return to “General Discussion”