Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doyle
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:16 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Want to read a great editorial?
Check out the Lakeland Times Opinion article titled "Gov. Doyle, are you tuned out or just leaving?" by Publisher Gregg Walker. http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.aspSe ... cleID=9588
Walker really hits the nail on the head with his article. Yesterday Dufuss Doyle and his cronies in the legislature were holding secret budget meetings to figure ways to stick it to the taxpayers of our state while taking care of their favorite special interest groups including WEAC, the state employees unions, the nut case Madison radicals at the DNR and the trial lawyers. Why secret meetings? It's very simple because they don't want the public to know what they doing until it's done. The public will find out the next time they buy gas, pay a cell phone bill, buy a pack of cigarettes, buy any state license or pay their property taxes. It's time for Dufuss Doyle to be recalled. Throw this bum out!

Last edited by tooten on Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Doyle
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:02 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

And you actually think Walker is going to be an improvement? How is what the democrats are doing different than what the republicans did when they contolled the state for 20 years?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:57 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

With that last reply, I rest my case.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:08 am 
Contributor
Contributor

TRUST ME , you do not want Walker. :( Hopefully we`ll get some other choices on both sides before the election. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Rest my case again. For those that comment without reading or comprehending the post; Walker is the Publisher of the Lakeland Times, in Minocqua and not someone running against the Dufuss. Trust me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I read the post and Scott Walker is running against Doyle. So is an even shoddier snake oil salesman known as Mark Neumann.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:08 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Spin it how ever you want. Greg Walker, Scott Walker or Walker, Texas Ranger, who cares. Dufuss Doyle has written six billion dollars worth of bad checks on our account and needs to go. If he were some broke little dirt bag kid that wrote a couple of bad checks at the Holiday Station he would be sitting in the County Jail. If you think his activities not affecting people just listen to all of the banks in town advertising "Reverse Mortgages" on WJJQ. The second sentence of most of those advertisements usually starts with something to the effect of helping people on fixed incomes pay their taxes. Did anyone ever hear a radio ad for "Reverse Mortgages" before Doyle took office? Doyle doesn't need to sell "snake oil" he and his cronies in the legislature just write more NSF checks on the public's account. Recall Dufuss Doyle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Tooten,

Reverse mortgages are a national craze right now and I think they are the "new" hot ticket item to push.

Not that I disagree about spending, etc., just don't think you can use that as an example for this argument...

Kerry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:57 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Kerry,
Tell it to Grandma. When the house that she and her late husband worked all of there lives to pay for has to be refinanced to pay Property Taxes. Her house is now worth approximately 20 percent less than it was a year ago so when it's time for her to go to the bank for a "Reverse Mortgage" Grandma gets less of a loan. Heaven help her if she owns any water front property. She'll find that she doesn't really own that either. It really belongs to the bureaucrats in Madison that run the Wisconsin DNR even though she has been charged excessively on her property tax bills for that frontage. Most of the real estate in Tomahawk, including the water frontage, is owned by hard working middle class citizens that are being sucked dry by Madison politicians. Their Spin Doctors all say how much they care about the working middle class but in reality they are more concerned for their bought and paid for friends in the Trial Lawyers, public employee unions and WEAC. Corrected by the Webmaster or not, Dufuss Doyle still needs to be recalled.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:05 am 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: Born and raised in Tomahawk, living in Colorado
Finally I have the answer to who is responsible for our economic woes, it's Dufuss Doyle of Wisconsin. I'm sure the people of my state, CO and others will be happy to know that. We've been innundated by "reverse mortgage" ads, lost property value, and increased taxes (often referred to as "fees".) I thought it was part of the greater greed and economic woes of the US. Nice to know that if you get rid of Doyle everything will be as it was for you AND us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Work
I find it interesting that people complain if their home value goes down and if their home value goes up they also complain.

For entertainment I hope the republicans run the Neumann guy mentioned. While running against Feingold in took about $10,000 from L&M Tobacco and $10,000 from Brown and Williamson Tobacco, and a similar amount from the Crandon Mine lobbyists.

The new state budget has not even been to Doyle yet so I don't know what all the venting about Doyle is about. By the looks of it when you look at the rate of inflation and what the new budget is, it does not look that bad compared to many states.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
While I don't just blame Doyle (although I also think this will be his last term) I do need to remind people that Wisconsin's gap in the budget is larger per capita than California's. In California they are holding referendums demanding no new spending, etc. Wisconsin is still proposing new projects...

Heck, you want an idiot, someone from somewhere in one of the southern areas (not Madison) pushed in spending for a new nursing building at the UW. The UW system actually asked them to remove it the next day because they hadn't finished determining what the need was yet. On a side note, that rep was a former nurse.

The biggest problem right now is all the budget meetings are held in secret, often at night. Your government is supposed to work for you and be accountable to you. If that's the case, why are they so careful to hide what they are doing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:35 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
Quote:
The biggest problem right now is all the budget meetings are held in secret, often at night. Your government is supposed to work for you and be accountable to you. If that's the case, why are they so careful to hide what they are doing?

I guess it is just logical that they meet at night, isn't that when crooks are most active ! ! :)

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Work
The meetings are party caucus meetings which have an exemption to the open meetings laws and all parties have fought to keep it that way.

Other differences between Wisconsin and California is that CA has with its initiative/referendum system has refused to pay many of its bills for many years and they do an annual budget. The shear population growth and resulting infrastructure need is killing them. We are driving down that same highway but at a little slower speed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like Dufuss Doyle isn't running for a third term. According to news reports he may have an upcoming Presidential appointment of some sort. Another "Czar" perhaps. How about "Czar of Excess Spending". He has great resume for that position.