Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:26 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

MAYBE MY SPELLING IS NOT PERFECT, NEITHER AM I. SUITABLE HABITATE.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:56 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Not to worry nugget, every board seems to have a spelling/grammar cop.

I always get a kick out of it. I can’t spell worth beans and my grammar is worse. But I used to own a magazine years ago and they had proof readers on staff. They were the highest paid proof readers in the county. But all together they didn’t make as much money as I did but they could sure out spell me! hehehe. As I have said before, education is not all it’s hyped up to be when you misuse it or fail to use it at all. And using it to put others down is one of the worst misuses.

I know a lot of over educated people that have never produced a dam thing of value. But boy can they spell!!

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: JFlosum ]</small>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:17 pm 
General User
General User

Aphephilia, you would have to still act like even more of a contortionist to get control out my statements. If society urges people to utilize better dental hygiene, flossing, brushing, etc., is it control? Why is urging couple to refrain from having more than one or two children seen as "control".

As to your allegation of overpopulation as a myth, you would have a hard time proving that one in a time of per capita diminishment of resources, ocean, water, and air quality, increasing congestion, lowering of quality of life, increasing infrastructure costs, etc.

You ask, "When this happens, who will take care of the aged? Who will pay into Social Security?" Ask George W. Bush. He wants the aged to take care of themselves and he wants to do away with Social Security?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:20 pm 
General User
General User

Here's another great site on the issue:
http://www.populationinstitute.org/

Their speaker came to the Wausau area a few years back and appears regularly on radio stations including the ultra far right quack AM radio station out of Wausau (when the less radical host is sitting in).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:23 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

OK, let’s raise the stakes and really stir the “over population” pot.

We are not only over populating the world beyond our capability of discovering ways of dealing with the problems the excess population is causing, but we are over populating the world with the wrong kind of people. And I’m not just talking about those born to cradle to crave poverty in third world countries. I’m talking about right here in this country.

I seen a report just the other day that was intended to make me feel guilty just because I have maybe a little bit more then some not so fortunate. The subject was a mother waiting anxiously for here tax rebate checks because she didn’t have enough money to make ends meet. Of course they downplayed the fact that the first two kids were fathered out of wedlock to a guy that has since disappeared, not once but twice. He did show up on one occasion to get her pregnant with her forth child and then disappear again. Some guy she didn’t even know fathered one of the other two kids, and a guy that she was currently seeing but was not working fathered the last. They were living off the welfare they were getting form the five kids and part time work she was doing. They couldn’t get married because that put some of the welfare money in jeopardy of being lost.

I see stories like this and I become an even bigger supporter of the Chinese state mandated planned parenthood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:12 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

There you go again. You are one negative, slash and burn type of person.

The fact that China uses brutality to enforce their laws (all of them, not just birth control) is nothing new. We do not do that here.

You are using outside factors that have nothing to do with the idea itself to trash the idea. You’re good at trashing other’s ideas without even addressing the idea itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:09 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Wondering what any of this has to do with bear mauling? How do we get so far from the topic?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Riled? Jeez, aphephilia, you are a figment in your own mind! :) :)

Your playing with yourself if you think you or anything posted on an Internet message board gets me riled up. But I am glad you are so easily entertained. You know what the say about simple things etc, etc.
:D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:49 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

What happened to the topic of Black Bear Mauls Two Men?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:37 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

You’re finally getting close. You certainly do not exist in any significant form that you seem to think you do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:14 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Wildlife Research Institute (study on bear attacks) http://www.bearstudy.org/Research/Update_2002-09-21.htm

Here's an interesting bear encounter: "...he was attacked and raped by the same black bear..." http://www.theonion.com/onion2920w/bearrape.html

Man mauled trying to save toy poodle from bear--CAMERON, Wis. http://www.beloitdailynews.com/599/bear5.htm

Living with Black Bears (This very good if you are really worried about bears) http://www.fund.org/library/documentViewer.asp?ID=781&table=documents

<small>[ July 26, 2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: JFlosum ]</small>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:19 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Interesting websites JFlosum. I heard on a tv channel this a.m. about dogs that are trained to
find bear parts in luggage etc. in airports etc.
Guess I never knew bear parts were sold for money! Wow, you find out something new each day and for thousands of dollars yet! I will read the other websites soon. Thanks for posting~
Marty: never met a fischer face to face, but close enough off my deck. Heard to stay away from them, heard they are quite mean. Ok, I have heard you are supposed to scream to scare away bear, now I read to be quiet?!? ummmmm not sure about that one...? hope I don't have to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:22 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Old Scout and Jeff, I've heard that line before too, except it went, "Up-tight is all right, but if you can't stand the heat you got to get back out the kitchen!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:58 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.
Baby,
Surprisingly enough your plan for involuntary sterilization is not a new one. Social defectives, gypsies, crimnals, the insane, and other "undesirables" were sterilized in great numbers once upon a time. in fact, some of the worlds most influential political figures of that era discussed this at great length ... I think thier names were Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler. Sterilization was part one of thier "final solution" of 1938. A path I suggest that we not repeat in any form whatsoever.

*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:10 am 
Contributor
Contributor

The availability of contraceptives and access to preventing pregnancy is a good idea for those who want to voluntarily limit the size of their family. The opposite extreme would in fact force women to have children that they (and the father) often don't want and cannot afford. I cannot even imagine what the connection of this availability would be to forced exterminations and the forced/pressured sterilizations that were done in the past in China and India. Both China and India by the way are in extreme situations in regards to population issues.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:55 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Car-bear collisions on rise
Lincoln Co. reports 13 so far this year

By Rick LaFrombois
Wausau Daily Herald
rlafromb@wdhprint.com

TOMAHAWK - The number of car-bear crashes is increasing on Lincoln County roads enough so that drivers could begin to see bear-crossing signs on Highway 51.
http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/wdhlocal/279114580950579.shtml

STUPID HUMANS! if there weren't so many dang people in the world, these bears would be able to cross the street safely. :mad: