Pete Rose

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
jimbo71
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Pete Rose

Postby jimbo71 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:51 am

Should Pete Rose be admitted to Baseball Hall of Fame?

JFlosum
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pete Rose

Postby JFlosum » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:30 pm

Agree 100% jimbo. Either that or kick out some of those other scofflaws that are in.

Marv Alpert was saying that he thought Rose would be let. On his appearance on Dave Letterman’s show Alpert also said that some players have said they would pull out of the Hall of Fame if Rose were voted in.

I have never heard that before but not doubting it.

MedicDVG
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.

Postby MedicDVG » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:41 am

Hmm let us look at one of the most revered members of the hall of fame -- Babe Ruth. He had an amazing career and is idolized to this day, not to mention he was a womanizer, gambler, glutton, and violent man who beat his wife...

Pete Rose was a heck of a baseball player, but a crappy human being. So what. Frankly I don't care either way. In fact, I am so very tired of the world lionizing its sports figures as some sort of an iconoclastic hero figure to be worshiped as gods for PLAYING A GAME better then anybody else.

You know who are the heros in my book? How about the poor schmuck that is working two jobs and saving every penny he can in order to send his kids through college. Or the substance abuser that has been clean for thier first month and is pulling themselves through recovery with nothing but thier own pride, blood sweat and tears. Or the citizen soldier who is gaurding the very freedom we take for granted in some crappy sand pile or misty jungle far, far away from here.

Those people may have never swung a bat, kicked a ball, or PLAYED A GAME in thier life, but by God and all that is holy they are heros in my book, and the world would be a better place if we emulated them and not Karl Malone, Babe Ruth, or even Pete Rose.

I'm done now. Thanks for listenting.

<small>[ January 14, 2004, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: MedicDVG ]</small>
*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

tinman
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby tinman » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:53 am

Medic, you posted everything that I have been thinking for quite a while now. Bravo! Excellent post!

jimbo71
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Postby jimbo71 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:45 am

Medic! Right on!!!

Return to “General Discussion”