Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: And the dog too?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:43 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Work
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/02/grandparents.hit.ap/index.html

Cops: Couple ordered hit on grandkids
Wanted to stop testimony at son's rape trial, police say

Friday, June 2, 2006; Posted: 12:35 p.m. EDT (16:35 GMT)

TAVARES, Florida (AP) -- A couple tried to hire a hit man to kill their three grandchildren and daughter-in-law to stop them from testifying against their son in his rape trial, authorities said.

The couple, ages 60 and 59, were charged with four counts each of criminal conspiracy to commit murder. They were being held without bond.

Police said the pair initially offered $100 to an undercover sheriff's deputy to kill their son's wife, their 10-year-old granddaughter, two step-grandchildren, ages 14 and 16, and the family dog.

More money was promised after the killings, said Lake County sheriff's Sgt. Christie Mysinger.

The couple's 31-year-old son has been jailed since November on 22 charges of sexual battery on a child, lewd and lascivious molestation and showing obscene material to a minor, court records show.

Detectives say his daughter and stepdaughter are the victims. The Associated Press has withheld the names of the grandparents and the family members to protect the children's identities.

The man tried to solicit a fellow jail inmate to kill his family, the arrest report said.

An informant told detectives about the plot and they arranged to meet the man's parents Tuesday at a Best Western motel in Tavares, a lakefront community about 30 miles northwest of Orlando, police said.

"(The deputy) said, 'You want me to kill everyone, including the dog?' They agreed," Mysinger said.

The son's attorney, Peter Sartes, said he had no details on the parents' arrest. It was not clear who was representing them.

Post subject: Re: And the dog too?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Abraham,

I agree this is terrible but we still request that if you are going to post a story you only post a brief summary (a paragraph or two) and then post some opinions on the story to start a discussion...

Post subject: Re: And the dog too?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:55 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm not a complete nazi.. so I am glad that I got to read the whole story rather than a brief description of it.
What is your opinion on it though, Abraham?

I think it's pretty sad... how parents can do something completely and totally inappropriate because they think (in their own sick and twisted heads) that they're protecting their child in some disfunctional way.
Even if said child no doubt got what they deserved.