General

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Larry Tobin
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster
Tie to Tomahawk: home - business owner
Spambot: No

General

Postby Larry Tobin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Gripes: People who leave a foot and a half of snow on top of their cars and drive around town never expecting any of it to fall off and smack the car behind them. Saw it twice on Fourth Street and once on Wisconsin Ave. yesterday

People who can manage a full shopping cart to their vehicle easily enough but they're too lazy to push it to a cart return 15 feet away. Usually it seems they have to leave it in the middle of four parking spaces.

People who haven't learned how to use a turn lane. It seems half of them either turn entirely from the driving lane or only half way into the turn lane. Either way, it blocks traffic behind them.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: General

Postby Old Scout » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

How about all the dang fools that think it is OK to stop in the middle of the street and make traffic behind them wait so they can make an illegal U turn and park on the other side of the street.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:52 pm

How about the guy on the highway that hangs on your back bumper as though he wants to push you faster while you are on 'cruise control' set 5 miles over the speed limit. Finally after making you nervous and p'd off for quite a while he finally passes you and settles in front of you and you have to cancel your cruise control because he is going slower in front of you than you were going. I'd like to smack him upside the head.

Larry Tobin
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Postby Larry Tobin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 am

Ditto...or goes two blocks down the street and turns.

kmartell
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64

Postby kmartell » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:56 pm

I can see your 'good' weather is bringing out some strong pent up feelings !!! :D

The one that really gets me is some guy (I assume it's a guy) in a newer vehicle with his 1,000,000 KW high beams on driving around town with NO freaking clue that he's melting my retinas and blistering the paint on my car !!! I'd like to strangle these guys !!!

...And have a good day !!! 8)
Ken Martell
kenmartell@gmail.com
Thankful to be alive and healthy. Proud to call Tomahawk my hometown.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:39 pm

KMartel, Oh boy one of my old buddies finally shows up. I was recently wondering what happened to the old gang. K Martel, Jerry Boetcher, Nurse Nell, Deb Richardson. The only old timer gang member that still is on the board is 'Old Scout'. Where has everybody been.

Larry Tobin
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Postby Larry Tobin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 pm

How about the semis on a four-lane highway, one in the right lane (going up hill) at 10 miles under the speed limit being passed by another in the left lane at 9 miles under? It's even worse when they're three lanes across on a six-lane highway. They shouldn't even be allowed in the far left lane in that instance.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Ken,
That is just a couple of months of "Cabin Fever" starting to affect us. Wait until you see what happens in another month. :lol:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Polecat
Beginner
Beginner
Tie to Tomahawk: Nokomis Summers

Postby Polecat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Fasten your seatbelts and check the airbag lite. " Common courtesy", "common sense" and "defensive driving" have ALL gone the way of the dodo bird !

Return to “General Discussion”