Wolf rules

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Wolf rules

Postby Old Scout » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:13 am

I see that stupidity and emotion have take the place of science and logic in the battle over protecting wolves again. The sad part is that of the ones making all the fuss most don't even live in the state or area where the wolves are.

What they are doing is in a way declaring war on the wolves, because now that the state can't control the population people will take the matter into their own hands and start shooting wolves on sight. Sort of "shoot-shovel and shut up". Having wolves in reasonable numbers is fine, but the numbers have to be controlled so as not to get out of hand and become a problem. When they start preying on pets and livestock they need to be controlled in one way or another.

Perhaps the excess wolves should be live trapped and released in the metropolitan areas where the people live who seem to love them so much. That way they can enjoy them as much as we do. It just isn't fair that we are the only ones who get to enjoy the pleasure of their company.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Wolf rules

Postby Old Scout » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:11 pm

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will publish a rule Friday designating wolves in Michigan and Wisconsin as "endangered."

I wonder how many have just disappeared in the last couple of months. Wait until next hunting season when even more of them will disappear. When these fools think they are protecting them, all they are doing is making people take care of the problem on their own instead of having a controlled season. I have a feeling that more wolves will be killed now than if there was a season and licensed hunters. Now they are just fair game for anyone who wants to do some target practice on them. There are enough people who are not happy about the wolves to begin with and now this may be the last straw and they will take it out on the wolves.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Renee class of '80
Typical Poster
Typical Poster
Tie to Tomahawk: grew up there class of 1980

Re: Wolf rules

Postby Renee class of '80 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am

If you don't like the wolves, move out of the country. If you don't like ducks, don't live by the lake...I am pretty sure, wolves do not want to intrude on your homes, they hunt deer, rabbits, squirrel, and I am pretty sure would take seclusion over your backyard anyday. Maybe quit over hunting the deer, so nature can do it's thing? No, I moved out of WI, but I still believe and take the side of wildlife over humans anyday. If your pet gets eaten by a wolf, then walk him on a leash, take care of them a little better and out of a harmful situation. The nature of the beast is to eat. You over hunt their food supply, they will invade looking for yours. The more building, encroaching on their territory, the more they adapt to you, same as bears. If you live in the country, how many feed apples to the deer all year long? Then hunting season, you don't have to go more than 500 feet outback and fill your freezer. Don't you think that brings the wolves to your door as well? You take all their deer, and they see your dog, even easier. Quit blaming the beast.

Return to “General Discussion”