Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: Been coming to Tomahawk since 1948 until settling in area in 1958
Was talking to a woman who says she walks in the highschool almost daily and I did not know you could. Then I heard there was an indoor track and a walk around the swimming pool. My kids attended there but it was over 30 years ago and I do not remember this. About 18 years ago I took swimming classes and I remember benches but do not remember anything above. Was an indoor track always there and something above the bleachers in the swimming pool or were these added??? I am truly confused and can anyone walk on the indoor track and when can they????? I attended a gun show in another town once and I remember an indoor track up high that we could walk around but it was on a day when there was no school and I enjoyed it. So do we have such things????

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The track there goes around the pool above on the next floor. It has windows to look down into the pool as you walk around. That level doesn't seem to have any function at the school so I believe it is always available.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Unless they've moved it, the track goes around the Gym and is part of the configuration that allows indoor track meets if necessary. When I was there, a room off of the track was the weight room and that overlooked the pool.

I believe it's been there since the elementary school was originally built. As far as access, you should probably contact the school as security measures may have changed over time.