Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:36 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

You could use more of an arguement to back up what you are saying than "yep, the ark is impossible", or "no way creation is true" "we evolved", etc... Back up what you are saying with clear concise scientific or otherwise proof of what you are saying. Aphephilia and I are the only ones giving scriptural and other types of reference for you. And I'm not saying we're better than you, so please don't read more into that statement than necessary. We have done our homework and can provide you with scriptural evidence to back up what we say. It just would be nice if you could do the same.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:09 pm 
General User
General User

L2F - If you want scriptural "evidence" I could send you an anthropology text book. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:09 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

I was just agreeing with things already said by other people, not making any kind of statement. I think I've been very concise in the posts where I've made my points. And like I said before, scripture cannot be used to prove the truth of itself. You can't tell me that Noah had an ark because the bible says so.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:05 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Clementine, I'm just curious, do you believe what the bible says, or just parts of it?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:21 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

I basically don't hold anything in the bible as true. I'm not a Christian.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:29 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, no fear here. I was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic school through the 6th grade. I was never taught to fear God because He was some mean and cruel God, only to fear in the same way as a child would fear disappointing his/her parents. It's because of the love that we feel that causes us to be afraid of disappointing the ones we love. God loves me, I have no reason to fear Him. He shows me how much He loves me each and everyday.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:35 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

"Fossils are a great embarrassment to Evolutionary theory and offer strong support for the concept of Creation." (Dr. Gary Parker, Ph.D., Biologist/paleontologist and former Evolutionist)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:42 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- An expedition is being planned for this summer to the upper reaches of Turkey's Mount Ararat where organizers hope to prove an object nestled amid the snow and ice is Noah's Ark."

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:11 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Baby, I think the flood was worldwide, because the Lord opened the fountains of the earth and the firmament in the skies. This would be alot of water. I think when God tells us in His Word that there was a flood that covered the earth, He kind of meant that. The best thing is though, that jcg and clementine didn't live back then and still have an opportunity to have their eyes opened.
I guess I was fortunate to come into my faith in Christ as one of love and not fear. I know of His promise for me, but I love Him now for the Grace He shows me in my relationship with Him. For me, I guess, it's not a thing of Heaven or Sheol - but of a daily walk with God that supercedes all else.
Why I'm interested in the Carbon Dating, is it has proven to be the best resource against evolution. I just love when scientists do this kind of stuff!!
I also found out that the bat wing doors being lower in the ghost towns, it was because of all the dust, couldn't see in as well, and stray bullets flying around that they were made shorter. Much like the doors in the older sections of England being shorter because of the dampness and colder climate. But, I think it was the doors that made the ghost towns anyway!! Who wants to keep hitting their head on a door frame all the time!?!