Feeding and baiting ban

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Feeding and baiting ban

Postby Old Scout » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:57 am

So, what do you think about the DNR putting the deer feeding and baiting ban on for the county?
Gun Control = A steady hand and good aim !

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Feeding and baiting ban

Postby Old Scout » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:33 am

I am hearing a lot of people may continue to put out corn and such at least through the rest of the year at least until the snow is off. They feel that the deer are used to coming in for food and it would be hard on them to just cut it off.

Also hear that a lot of hunters, especially older ones that have a hard time walking or have health problems probably won't be buying a license in the upcoming years as with their problems and that many hunt alone or with only a family member it will make the hunt difficult. when they can't go to the deer they have to bring the deer to them.

I guess I can see limiting baiting and feeding to an the area of the deer kill but for three counties effecting 40 miles around it seems a little excessive. Deer don't travel that far. I also feel that a share of the blame belongs on the deer farms, as that is where many of the problems originate to start with.

Oh well, I quit hunting about 5 years ago due to health problems so I guess I don't really care, but just feel it is a little bit excessive. That is our Gov. at work again. Can't keep illegals out but must protect the deer.
Gun Control = A steady hand and good aim !

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Feeding and baiting ban

Postby KEN » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:38 pm

Isn`t the reason for the band do to the fact they found deer with Chronic Wasting Disease.

I thought that if they go 2-3 years without finding deer with Chronic Wasting Disease the band would expire?

Return to “General Discussion”