Taste of Tomahawk

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
logic1
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Taste of Tomahawk

Postby logic1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:37 am

Once again this year I went to Taste - wonderful time & great idea. The only disagreement I have with this is the $30 they chose to charge at the door if you paid that day. That is too much for this event to charge. I was luck enough to purchase a ticket well in advance for $20 (like I have done every year) but how can you justify charging $30 to people that paid that day? Granted, you taste different beverages & taste the foods that are displayed. Charging $30 for one person to attend a function such as this is TOO high. Example - have two people attend this funstion & that would be $60 dollars for a few hours of having a nice time. Some people could have a dinner for that price. Just wondering what everyone else thinks....:-)

logic1
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Re: Taste of Tomahawk

Postby logic1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:13 am

let me clarify my previous post.........like I said I like Taste , it is a great idea. I said "$60 for a few hours to have a nice time" I mean the price does not justify what you get. A few tastes of wine & a few samples of food. I understand this is not a "meal time" I just think $30 per person is too much for what this event entails.

Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Taste of Tomahawk

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:03 pm

I agree that the price is a bit high, but I guess it is another one of those things in which people will vote with their wallets. If the event comes out in the black and meets the expectations of both the presenters and the patrons, the price will probably stay where it is.

Return to “General Discussion”