PACKER - Bear Game

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
KEN
Contributor
Contributor

PACKER - Bear Game

Postby KEN » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:53 pm

What are your thoughts on the upcoming Packer- Bear game on New Years Eve?
The Packers will know their fate before going into the game. They`ll either be playing for a Wild Card spot :(

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: PACKER - Bear Game

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:27 am

Despite the sad state of affairs in the NFC, there is no way that the Packers are a playoff team. However I do believe that Favre will be back for another year. He's having too much fun to quit. Their success next year will depend on Thompson's beliefs.

The TE from KC will be available + several good safeties/DBs. Two more drafts will erase the Sherman mistakes & the Packers will be more competitive. By then Rodgers or someone else will be the QB. The Pack will be back. It just might take some time.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Postby Brian » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:50 am

I'll echo that, Jeff. The Packers don't belong in the playoffs. Period. HOWEVER, this being the time of year for miracles, I'd like Da Pack to pound the Da Bears in the regular season finale and then hang around the playoffs just long enough to knock them out of it. That would be sweeeeeeeeet! TBSS.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Themacs
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: My second home...

Postby Themacs » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:11 pm

I can't believe the game time was changed. There are quite a few people who had plans that are now shot, unless they skip the game...
Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:12 pm

I know the changing of the game time screwed up some peoples plans, :)
I hope The Pack goes into this game with a chance for a Wild Card spot in the playoffs ;) . It sure would make it an even bigger game. :eek:

Merse
General User
General User

Postby Merse » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:11 am

Well, thanks to Tiki, looks like we have no chance for the WildCard spot. Still, I hope they play hard tonite and give the Bears a nice loss to go into their playoffs with!! :p

Peace

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:24 pm

Well , we have "next to no chance" :) , and end the season looking good! ;)
If nothing else , I have a fridge filled with food and beer :p

Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:58 pm

I'm trying to think of a dignified, sportsman-like way to comment upon the play of the Chicago Bears this evening. Can't think of any.
MmmmWAhaaahaaahaa! Guess who won't be going past their first playoff game this year?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

KEN
Contributor
Contributor

Postby KEN » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:17 am

Brian,
ODDS BODKINS! :D

Return to “General Discussion”