Coming home from Iraq

Forum for General Topics not covered by other areas.
MedicDVG
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.

Coming home from Iraq

Postby MedicDVG » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 am

Greetings Tomahawk!

Well after 366 days of fun, sun, and sand (it almost sounds desirable) I am soon to be on my way home.

I would like to thank those that have sent me e-mails, care packages, birthday cards, and generally have supported me since leaving Tomahawk over a year ago.

I have served my time here and now I come home to freeze completely solid and try and thicken up my blood again. Man I am not looking forward to that at all (the freezing part, not the coming home part).

So don't tell my mom and dad, but I am trying to get home to surprise them for Christmas dinner...

Thanks again Tomahawk, you don't know how much I have missed you all.

Dean "MedicdVG" Goulet
*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Re: Coming home from Iraq

Postby Kerry Tobin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 am

Excellent news!

Safe travels & merry Christmas!

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Here's hopin'g that you make it home in time for Christmas.

Safe travels!
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Dean,

Glad you are going to be home soon. It will be a pleasant surprise for your parents.

Thanks for going over and taking care of our troops ! ! !
They deserve the very best.

Jeff, keep in mind that we will have to set a date with Dean for that dinner and toast that you promised him. :D
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

MedicDVG
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.

Postby MedicDVG » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:02 am

Greetings all!
I write to you all from my dining room table, watching the snow flutter down in a peaceful cascade, and sipping on a hot cup of coffee. Man, talk about heaven.

Iraq is now just a memory for me, and a challenge that I will never forget.

Oh, and mom was so excited to see me.. .she cried, and then in that way that mothers do everywhere, admonished me for putting her through all that worry. But through the tears, the hugs, and the emotion, it was what a homecoming was supposed to be like.

So I hope that I find everyone happy, healthy, and in good sprints this holiday season and I thank each and every one of you for the letters, care packages, cards, and well wishes.

Merry Christmas and the best in 2008!

Dean "MedicDVG" Goulet
*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

kmartell
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64

Postby kmartell » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Dean,

Welcome back home and thank you for your service.

btw...your coming home now is 40 years to the week that I came home from a year in Vietnam back in '67. It was snowing when I walked in the front door and my mom's welcome was similar to yours. I know how you feel...and it felt great to be home!!

Have a great life....
Ken Martell
kenmartell@gmail.com
Thankful to be alive and healthy. Proud to call Tomahawk my hometown.

Return to “General Discussion”