Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hey Bush Bashers!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:41 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: My Hometown
lol. a president who gives cameras the finger, and a vice president who tells senators to go f*ck themselves. PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 pm 
I love how most other countries' jaws are dropped at the sheer idiocy of many people in the US.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:49 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Give me a break, the "bird" incident goes back to Bush's days as govenor. Not necessarily appropriate, however to me it shows someone that is not all caught up in "title" and can be little bit playful and a regular guy. Is that so bad? If the tables had been turned and it had been Kerry or the boy toy Edwards it would have been "cute". I would have thought that if Kerry truly wanted the presidency he would not have conceded so quickly. Might I add I don't vote along party lines. I looked at the candidate Kerry and saw 22 years in the senate having accomplished what, squat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Couldn't agree more Deb!

Great post! LOL! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:05 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Oh sure. we're much better off with a president that allowed the largest attack against the U.S. to happen on his watch; that attacked two 3rd world countries, and justified attacking those countries with information that was shakey at best, and is now confirmed to be false, let alone the fact that he still hasn't caught the man blamed for 9/11; he watched a record number of jobs leave the U.S., social security dwindles away daily, our former budget surplus is now the largest deficit. And lets not forget the overtime issue. It'll be tough to turn the economy around if/when overtime pay is eliminated. The middle class, the backbone of this country, will be so busy working extra hours for less money that there won't be time to do any shopping, and there won't be money to spend. All these are issues that are very very relavent to every person in this country. Lets not forget that the terrorists that hate American foreign policy also probably hate the people that re-elected the men responsible for creating that foreign policy. Kerry wasn't the solution, but he would've been a step in the right direction. It's too late to change now, though. Election debate is useless for now. We might as well hold all comments until '08 when perhaps a more-sane, more educated, more open-minded America, or , worse case scenario, a more desperate America, will focus on real issues at hand, instead of b.s. moral issues that don't really affect any of the people that worry about them (gay marriages don't hurt or kill people, and making abortion illegal won't stop it from happening, it'll just make the procedures used much more dangerous).

On a much much lighter note, this link leads to a picture involving Bush and his finger, and I think sums up his intelligence level pretty well. ;)

<small>[ November 05, 2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: JayOMF ]</small>

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:36 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:59 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:31 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Why thank you Fushia, for once we agree!

As far as Bush being more of a Flip,Flop than Kerry, well that could be true, however it seems that is part of being a politician and a weatherman. Let's see partly sunny, no partly cloudy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
MJC135,

You might want to be a little more careful in pointing out the "bias" of an entire corporation. Gannett (correct spelling) owns more than 100 daily newspapers in the US alone. Many of these newspapers endorsed Bush (some even to my suprise), others endorsed Kerry. The company also strongly endorses each of its newspapers to carry their own content and does not tell their media outlets what to do.

Our editor had an interesting story to share. Bush and Kerry both visit our area (Fox Valley) on the same day. The newsroom very carefully checked everything over numerous times to make sure all pictures were the same size, all stories were the same length, they even shared pages so that no one could argue better placement. The first call was from a reader cancelling (which they usually don't) their subscription because we were obviously biased toward Kerry. The second was cancelling because we were obviously biased toward Bush...

On the other hand, I do agree that many media outlets are biased. If there is a specific newspaper, tv station or radio station you have a problem with please be more specific since the 11 Gannett newspapers in Wisconsin were split.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:45 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:23 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Perhaps Bush is on a mission from God. God has realized how selfish and ignorant most of america (at least a little over 50 percent) is, and has sent Bush in to see exactly how screwed up things can get, and how many lies and atrocities can be said and done in the name of americans before we step away from our hummers and big macs and take a stand for what is just and right. Just a thought.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:56 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Well I tried to make my voice count and I believe it did Bush didn't win Wisconsin! Seems more folks should have paid attention to the SMART FOLKS in Wisconsin!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:32 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

hey JayOMF,
Seriously you think about it happen on the watches of every American in the US it happened on the watches of all af America. PERIOD! Just because he was president doesn't mean it was his fault. And about the whole Iraq, Afganastan deal. REmember he could have not even gone over there and then you would still be hating him for not doing ANYTHING about the whole problem. He is American too!!! Don't you even dare to consider that it may, that it did hurt him as well as the other billion people in this country! You really need to look at all the few points that can be seen and not just think "well he's the president it was all his fault" He wasn't the one that choose to have those jobs moved over seas! It was the choice of those company owners. ANd do you realize why they did that? Because people over seas work CHEAPER! OH and do you shop at Wal-mart? I hope you realize that though they are the largest growing company in the US they also have about 75% of their products shipped from OVERSEAS! a lot of it isn't even made in America!
TO all the rest of u "Bush Bashers"
Guess what, he is your president for the next four years learn to deal with it, make it better for the furture generations! and if you think what he is doing is so wrong, BECOME A POLITICIAN! RUN, TRY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, but you know what to wisconsin u may be a good canidate but for the rest of the country you may just be plain, IGNORANT! I am 15 and i see that!

-----------------------------------------------
Remember you aren't voting for yourself, you are voting for the underage generation that you may be screwing up! Vote for them, it's gonna be their country soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:49 am 
Contributor
Contributor

jonellephil: I think I agree with some of what you said, but it is difficult to tell because I had trouble getting the complete message. I think it is great that you are here. At 15, most of your contemporaries are probably playing computer games rather than making thoughtful comments on current event issues. I hope that you will continue to express your opinion, but would like you to promise me that the next time you will take a deep breath and count to at least 10 before you start typing. At 60, things look a little different than they do at 15, but we need to hear what you have to say, and I, for one, hope that you will continue to contribute.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:25 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Dopey Dwarf was correct. Bush does a great job of bashing himself.
http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funnymovies/goodonegeorge.html