Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheels of the WI D.O.T.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

A letter to the editor in the Aug. 17, 2010, Tomahawk Leader

I am sure you all have heard the saying “the wheels of justice move slow”: well the wheels of the WI D.O.T. also move slow but at least in the correct direction. About a year ago the speed limit signs were moved by the powers that be out here on Hwy. 8 in Tripoli. The old way was the 55 mph started past the Tripoli School going west. Well, then the 55 mph sign got moved to almost across (from) the Log Church. That made a whole lot of sense – NOT.

Well much to my persistence of having law enforcement out here to get the speeders – they did not like me a whole lot whenever I would call and complain. So I contacted the Lincoln County Highway Department and Don Friske's office. They in turn got a hold of the area D.O.T. representative and after several months and a very serious accident in June, guess what happened? The signs are now back to 40 and the 55 mph got moved farther west down the highway. YEAH! I also wanted a double yellow line through the whole town limits, but I guess getting the speed limit signs moved was at least the major item that was corrected.

So the wheels of the WI D.O.T do move, maybe not as fast as I wanted them to, but I did finally get results. Thanks to Rep Don Friske and his diligent staff! Just remember the 40 mph is 40 mph!

Barb Monson
Tripoli