Merrill School Board

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader
Administrator
Administrator

Merrill School Board

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:23 am

Letter to the Editor in the March 19, 2013, Tomahawk Leader:

Change, although sometimes painful, is a natural part of growth and progress. Like many concerned parents and citizens, I want to see strong academic standards and high-quality test scores in the Merrill school district. I want to see families come to Lincoln County, not leave. I want to see my hard-earned tax dollars put to efficient and effective use by the district's Board of Education. How can we change the district’s pattern of budget expansion, decreasing enrollment, and academic decline? We entrust our school district to the Board of Education, but sometimes board members abuse their authority, breach the community’s trust and treat parents with indifference. This April 2, citizens have the opportunity to catalyze positive change in the Merrill school district. We can elect new representatives to the Board of Education, individuals who will focus on children and parents, promote academic achievement, and pursue fiscal responsibility. The decline in our school district has gone on long enough. Please vote this April for positive change to our school district.

Johanna Miller
Merrill

Return to “Letters to the Editor”