Chamber cooperation?

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader

Chamber cooperation?

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 pm

A letter in the Aug. 14 Tomahawk Leader:

During this past week we held our 27th annual Antique Outboard Meet at SARA Park and we pay the city rent for the privilege of the use of SARA Park. This event runs nearly a week long and fills up every motel and campground, restaurants, stores, antique shops, gas stations and on and on for miles around Tomahawk. People come from Texas, Washington, California, Florida, Delaware, Canada, Australia, well you get the idea and they spend lots of money.

During the meet, one of the staff ran out of registration forms and drove to the Chamber, (where else?), to have 10 additional copies made but she was informed that they only provide this service for their membership and that she would have to pay 10 cents a copy! Yes a lousy $1. Does not sound like a progressive chamber to me that promotes events for the city, (except the ones they deem worthy). No welcome signs posted for the arriving people or anything, seems like the Chamber powers-to-be just do not care, remember now this event has been going on for 27 years and is getting bigger each year. Most that come reserve their motel rooms a year in advance.

I think it is time for the Chamber to get their head out of the sand and wake up! Nuff said, time will tell.

Ronald Lietha
Mr. Motors

Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Re: Chamber cooperation?

Postby logic1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:58 pm

I did not even see this post on the message board -was it there for more than a day?? I think it is a shame that this happened to an event that DOES bring in business to our community. I do believe the Chamber needs to realize there is more going on in this town than the highly publicized events. It seems things are starting to look up for the town (step by step) lets not have something like this tarnish a good thing.

Return to “Letters to the Editor”