Red Cross Ready …

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader
Administrator
Administrator

Red Cross Ready …

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 pm

A letter in the March 20 Tomahawk Leader:

Dear Editor,
In 1881, a group of visionary thinkers chartered American Red Cross. This month, I invite you to join me and other volunteers in celebrating 125 years of serving American people in times of war and peace with disaster assistance, blood collection, safety training and countless other community assistance services.

The chapter has grown to serve eight counties: Adams, Forest, Iron, Langlade, Lincoln, Oneida, Portage and Vilas. The support of families and communities to prepare for and respond to emergencies has also grown. The American Red Cross has helped hundreds of residents in these counties with disaster assistance, blood collection, health and safety training and emergency services for military families. Our chapter has a small staff of dedicated individuals, who rely on scores of volunteers who may be your friends, neighbors and co-workers.

I invite you to learn more about how you can become “Red Cross Ready” by volunteering, making a disaster plan, attending a safety class or donating blood. For more information, call 1-800-393-4052 toll free or visit the web site http://portagewi.redcross.org. Support your local chapter of the American Red Cross so it can continue to provide the compassionate care that has been a hallmark for 125 years.

Sincerely,
Mae Nachman
Executive Director
American Red Cross serving NorthCentral Wisconsin
Stevens Point

Return to “Letters to the Editor”