Comprehensive plan concerns …

Letters to the Editor from the Tomahawk Leader.
Tomahawk Leader
Administrator
Administrator

Comprehensive plan concerns …

Postby Tomahawk Leader » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Letter in the Aug. 15 Tomahawk Leader

To the Editor:

My concerns related to the housing section of the CP (Comprehensive Plan) went unreported by the Tomahawk Leader’s representative. Seeing that $3,000 of Tomahawk taxpayers’ money has already been paid by the CP Committee to a professional writer gives me cause for concern.
In my presentation I had pointed out with page numbers three possible economic and quality of life issues:

p. 49 (1.) Subsidized Housing (Lincoln County provides about 30 percent more units per capita than Marathon County).
p. 48 The Working Poor. One needs at least to earn $10.44 to be able to pay for the basics. (I suggested that local companies and government conduct job training.)

p. 50 Rezoning to house the elderly and low income young adults in basements and garages. (Here, a question of quality of life and the potential for financial and esthetic abuse by landlords.)

This CP is not due until 2010. Why the rush to pass it? I was told that another city close to Tomahawk has not even begun to write yet. Isn’t that a financially wise approach keeping the changing economy in mind?
Clarann Stocker
Tomahawk

Return to “Letters to the Editor”