Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leaving position
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

A letter in the June 10 Tomahawk Leader:

To The Editor:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of Lincoln County for your support of my efforts with the Humane Society. I have decided to resign from my position as manager. I would like everyone to know that this has nothing to do with current funding issues, or the shelter. My decision is based on an offer I have received in my hometown where I feel I will be more effective as dog kennel manager.

It has been a great experience directing the shelter, and I feel we have made many improvements in my time here. I am going to be very sad to leave this wonderful community, and the wonderful people that make up the Humane Society. I would especially like to thank all the businesses and citizens who have donated to help keep this shelter operational. I have faith that the lives of these homeless animals will be cared for in the best possible way. I would like to thank the shelter staff, who are amazing people – I will miss all of them terribly. Please continue to support them and the lives they save every day. It is very stressful to be in the business for caring for unwanted animals, and the staff this shelter has is comprised of are topnotch individuals.

I would like to thank the board of directors for giving me this opportunity – I truly have grown because of it. I would also like to thank the animals at the shelter, who make what we do so meaningful. Thank you all who have been supportive of Lincoln County Humane Society. Please continue to do so in the future. And, last but not least, please spay and neuter your pets!

Jillian Janikowski
Wausau

Post subject: Re: Leaving position
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

A letter in the June 10 Tomahawk Leader:

To the Residents of Lincoln County:

The board of directors of the Lincoln County Humane Society has regrettably accepted Jillian Janikowski’s resignation after she was offered a position at the Humane Society of Marathon County. Jill has done an outstanding job managing the daily operations of Lincoln County’s shelter. She has made many improvements, and the shelter is better than ever because of her efforts. She has been the energetic voice and face of the Lincoln County Humane Society during these difficult past few weeks, and has played a critical role in steering the organization through these stressful times. Our loss is their gain.

Although we are very sad to see her leave, the initiatives she implemented will continue. Longtime LCHS staff member Liz Friedenfels has accepted the position of interim shelter manager. We are confident the shelter won’t miss a beat with Liz at the wheel. Her infectious enthusiasm and dedication to the shelter and its mission will keep the organization moving in a positive direction.

Please join us in supporting Liz in her new role … Check out our website (www.furrypets.com) for more information.

Additionally, the board of directors wants to extend a heartfelt “thank you” for your continued support. You are the reason that homeless animals of Lincoln County continue to have somewhere to go until they get their second chance at a better life.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Moore
Gleason
Lincoln County Humane Society Board of Directors