Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ice Fishing Tournys?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: my cottage and hunting camp
Spambot: No
Can anyone tell me about any ice fishing toury's comming up this weekend? I read that there is one put on by a Veteran's group on Lake Nakomis - Is this a big tourny? are there any others going on?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Ice Fishing Tournys?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 pm 

Here's some info about the upcoming ice fishing contests in the Tomahawk area. Hope this helps:
*Alice in Winterland Festival – Saturday, Feb. 5, Lake Alice, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Registration begins at 7 a.m., with cash prizes awarded for the biggest fish in six categories. Huge raffle and special money raffle and quilt raffle being held. Tickets $5 per person or $10 per family. Pre-registration available at Chuck’s Sport Shop, Aquatic Arts and Pine Point Resort. The annual Alice in Winterland festival is held right on Lake Alice. From Tomahawk, take North Fourth Street to CTH A east, turn right on Horseshoe Road and follow to boat landing. Access also is available by taking CTH D east of Tomahawk to Anglers Road and follow to boat ramp. Proceeds to help support the Lake Alice Association’s efforts.
*Kid’s Free Ice Fishing Contest – Saturday, Feb. 12, Lake Mohawksin, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Tomahawk Fishing Unlimited (TFU) host it’s annual Kid’s Free Ice Fishing contest on Lake Moahawksin starting at 9 a.m. Free grab bags containing fishing equipment and a snack provided. Food and beverages available. Holes drilled and bait provided at no cost. Trophies to be awarded for biggest catches in two age categories (10 and under and 11 to 15). TFU hosts the annual free ice fishing contest as a way to involve more youth in the sport of fishing. Directions to the contest include taking CTH S exit (first Tomahawk exit heading north off Hwy 51), turn right where the road makes a T onto Tomahawk Avenue, follow Tomahawk Avenue a few blocks to Spirit Avenue, take a left onto Spirit Avenue and follow a few more blocks until crossing the railroad tracks and look for the Bradley Park sign to the left.
*Somo Fish and Game Club’s annual Ice Fishing Jamboree – Saturday, Feb. 26, Somo Lake, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Early registration for the Somo Fish and Game Club’s annual jamboree begins at Somo Lake starting at 8 a.m. Cash prizes to be awarded for the biggest catches in the five categories. Hourly door prizes to be raffled off, plus additional raffles being held to raise money for good causes. Registration to this family-oriented event is $1 for adults and .50 cents for those 16 and younger. To get to the jamboree take CTH CC west of Tomahawk about eight miles and look for the Somo Lake boat landing, where the event is being held. Proceeds from the contest to benefit the Somo Fish and Game Club’s annual efforts and scholarships.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:18 pm 

Just an FYI,
The Tomahawk Fishing Unlimited Kid's Ice Fishing Contest scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 12, at Bradley Park has been canceled. It was decided at the club's monthly meeting Wednesday the winter fishing contest will be discontinued until further notice. The club will still host the summer Kid's Fishing Contest. Again, the Kid's Winter Ice Fishing Contest scheduled for next month has been cancelled.
Jed Buelow
Tomahawk Fishing Unlimited secretary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tie to Tomahawk: my cottage and hunting camp
Spambot: No
That is really two bad. I have 4 kids who I'll need to tell that this will not be happening. We've been planning for a month+ to attend, have that weekend blocked off for just this event. My kids will be bummed, and I bummed for them. We had an absolutly great time last year, and we bought a bunch of raffle tickets there too.

That being said, thanks for posting this or we would have been at the landing wondering where everybody was.

Hope they reconsider for next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm 

Attached is some information and an entry form for a brand new winter fishing contest Tomahawk Fishing Unlimited is hosting Saturday, Feb. 11. Note the contest is open to contestants of all ages and cash prizes will be awarded. Post any questions here and I'll try to answer them. Proceeds from raffle sales are going toward funding the TFU summer fishing contest and scholarships the club provides annually. Again, post any questions here and hope to see you at the Road Lake Pub and Grill (former Moose Supper Club on CTH S) Feb. 11.

Attachment:
IMAGE1.JPG
IMAGE1.JPG [ 678.86 KiB | Viewed 2693 times ]
Attachment:
IMAGE2.JPG
IMAGE2.JPG [ 645.73 KiB | Viewed 2693 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 am 

Mark your calendars. These upcoming ice fishing contests in the Tomahawk area provide a great opportunity to get outdoors with family and friends this winter. Hope to see you there!

Amvets Post 724 Annual Ice Fishing Tournament Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013
Amvets Post 724 will be having their annual ice fishing tournament on Lake Nokomis. Registration is from 7 am -10 am at the County Hwy N boat landing. Adults are $10.00 and children 12 and under are $5.00. The tournament is from 8 am – 3 pm. All proceeds support military members and programs. For more information please call 715-493-3176

Tomahawk Fishing Unlimited's 2nd annual Family Ice Fishing Contest Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013
Tournament runs from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Contestants may fish on any body of water. Fish registration is at Road Lake Pub on CTH S in Tomahawk from 4:30 to 7 p.m. - earliest registered fish breaks tie. Remember, state law does not allow the transfer of live fish from lakes. Cash prizes for biggest walleye, perch, crappie, pike, bluegill in youth and adult categories. Many door prizes to be awarded on the evening of contest. Food and drinks available. Also several raffles and many great prizes to be awarded following fish registration. Pre-register at Viegut's, Chuck's Bait Shop, Aquatic Arts, Road Lake Pub and BP in Tomahawk. Register in advance or up until 10 a.m. on day of contest. All proceeds go toward TFU's efforts to involve youth in the sport of angling.

Alice in Winterland Ice Fishing Festival on Lake Alice Saturday, Feb. 4
The fun runs from 7 am until 3, on Lake Alice between the Anglers and Horseshoe boat landings. Ice fishing event-Prizes for the 3 largest fish caught in 5 categories of fish. Food, refreshments and numerous raffles. Come join this great Lake Alice tradition. Proceeds to benefit the Lake Alice Lake Association.
More information call 715-453-4930 for information.

Somo Fish and Game Club Annual Ice Fishing Jamboree on Somo Lake Saturday, Feb. 25
Hours are 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. with registration beginning at 8 a.m. Registration is located near boat landing between Tomahawk Lodge and Somo View Resort off of CC. 16 years and younger - .50 cents and 17 and older - $1. Hourly door prizes, various raffles with raffle drawing at 3 p.m. For more information call (715) 493-1656.

My apologies if I failed to mention any upcoming contests. Please feel free to list them here if I have left them out. Good luck on the ice this winter.