Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Links
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:22 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Some people on this message board are apparently incapable of writing there own messages. I for one don't appreciate a message that is nothing more than links to whatever propaganda sheet or left-wing venom from MSNBC they happen to have read on the web or more than likely watched on TV that day. Brainless. A series of links to The Washington Post or MSNBC are about as meaningless as links to Limbaugh or Beck from the right. Nuke'em!

Post subject: Re: Links
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Seriously tooten? "Nuke 'em"! ~shakes head wearily~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 am 
Contributor
Contributor

http://picdit.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/ ... xplosions/ :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:06 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
~slaps knee, laughs with a big snort~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:52 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Alumni
Spambot: No
When I tried to post a message it was deleted....and watch this one will to. Apparently Kerry doesn't like hearing about people that went to school around the same time as him doing well. I had posted a message in the "your news "section to inform the town that a Tomahawk Alumni had a CD released. I wasn't trying to sell it, and I sourced the website the press release came from. I know that Kerry had issues with him in high school (15 years ago). Too bad someone can't grow up. Anyway, I'll try a second time, the band is The High Cell. Here's a link to the press release.

http://cwsplace.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/the-high-cell-releases-%e2%80%9crefreshing%e2%80%9d-debut-album-faceplant/

If it wasn't Kerry who took it down, I do apologize Kerry. And I'd like a message as to why it was removed from the person who did.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
It was removed, and an email was sent to the address used to register your profile on the message board.

The message was removed for the same reason any message that contains too much content that appears as an advertisement. As stated in my email, if you wanted to repost it without some of the links and as more of an information post you were more than welcome to do so. What you posted this time is just fine.

As has been stated numerous times on the message boards, we don't allow anything that comes across as an advertisement to be posted. Running the website and message boards cost us money and they aren't profitable. We can't allow people to use a free product we provide to take away from the advertising we sell, which is what pays for the message boards and website.

As for the personal issues. You're absolutely correct, I do still have a personal problem with someone that lied under oath and dragged my family through a living ****, and I guarantee I always will. We were permanantly scarred by what was done and the effects it had on our personal lives, business, etc. However, we still welcome posts from anyone, and about almost anything, as long as they follow the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Tie to Tomahawk: Alumni
Kerry,

Thank you for your prompt response. By no means was I trying to promote or advertise anything. I simply copy and pasted the press release in it's entirety. I think it's extremly important for the town to know that they are producing people who find some type of success, small or large. In a few years, Tomahawk has seen Larry Tobin write a book, Jay Legget screenwrite a movie, Randall Patrouske run for office, Eric Reuter working onset for Hollywood movies and now Michael Heisel getting a CD released internationally. I'm sure there are others out there also making names for themselves and I wanted to share it with people who may not know.

I had neglected to look through my emails regarding the removal, it had been marked as spam. I had expected that anything regarding posts would be sent via the message section of the message board itself.