Correction

Forum where users can ask questions about the message board and web site, suggest improvements to the site, or offer additional forum topics.
Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Correction

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Pardon me while I don my 'Mr. Know-it-all' hat and argue that the wilderness pole, as described in Jed Buelow's piece, is actually crafted from a white pine tree - not a red pine as the article states. I'll even go out on a limb here (I know, I know - bad pun) and bet a Pine Tree Supper Club steak sandwich that I'm right. What say you, Jed?
ps- While I'm at it, how did 'loose' rather than lose make it past the proofreader last week (front page)? ;)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

mrbrowns

Re: Correction

Postby mrbrowns » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 am

Thank you Brian for "going out on a limb" and making me aware that I identified the wilderness pole as the wrong kind of pine tree. I also have been well informed of the mistake on the front page and appreciate your accute eye in noticing the mistake. We at the Leader work very hard to provide correct information and in future references to the wilderness pole will make sure to refer to it as a white pine. Thanks again and have a great day.
Jed Buelow
Tomahawk Leader reporter
Gone Fishin'

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Correction

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 pm

Watch out Jed. Brian is very successful with his steak sandwich bets!
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Return to “Suggestions and Questions”