Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tom Barrett.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:51 pm 
General User
General User

Tie to Tomahawk: Cottage on Lake Alice since 1962
Spambot: No
I have a question for the folks of Tomahawk. While I was up for Labor day I noticed a large amount of Campaine signs for Tom Barrett. Here's the question are you voting for him because you like him or are you just voting party lines? Does anyone know any thing about him up here? Let me tell you a few things about him. Did you know 6 years ago he promised to stop all of the raw sewage dumping into Lake Michigan. Since he's been in office they have dumped over 8.2 billion gallons of raw sewage into Lake Michigan. Thats more raw sewage dumped into a lake then BP dumped oil during it's oil problem. Everyone just looks the other way.
Try dumping any thing into a lake and see what happens to you see how fast the DNR shows up.
Did you know that since he's been in office tax rates have gone up evey year. Another broken promise. Did you know that his campaine car was being used with supended License plates cause it failed emmisions tests Try That once. You would be fined.
Did you know that they never pulled a permit for their campaine Head quarters until some one called him on it. Try that one yourself see what the fine is. They just gave him a permit and left it at that. Do we really need to spend Millions and Millions of dollars for a train from Milwaukee to Madison. Do you want to pay for that.
Didn't we learn any thing from Governor Doyle do we really need to have the same type of person in there cause thats what your going to get with Barrett. [b]Spend and Tax[/b].
We need to understand some thing here Goverment spending is not going to get us out of this mess we are in It's what got us here in the first place. Barrett and Finegold Must go we cannot afford them anymore. It's killing us. Please think hard and do your homework before you vote. Barrett is not the answer. He has done nothing for the City of Milwaukee in all of his time in office and I just don't see that changing in the future.....

Post subject: Re: Tom Barrett. Update.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm 
General User
General User

Now Govenor Doyle is dumping $1,000,000.00 of his left over 2.8 Million dollar campaign funds into a state Democratic Institution so that Tom Barrett can use it for his Campaign. In the first place if Doyle has 2.8 million dollars left over in a campaign fund maybe just maybe he should have given it back or at least donated it to a charity.
2nd and remember this Barrett 6 years ago said he would never use outside money to become govenor Well lets just wait and see!
Doyle had no chance of ever winning again in this state this is just his way of extending his term through Barrett. They both Think a like

Post subject: Re: Tom Barrett.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Work
Tommy Thompson had almost 10 million in campaign money banked. There are regulations as to what it can be used for or contributed to. Thompson used most of his to have a big party pretending to run for president, some he give to right wing kooks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:12 am 
General User
General User

Thanks for the input Nimble.
The question was will he keep his promise to not use out side funds. What are the regulations do you know? Does that include not giving it back? Doyle is the most corrupt Govenor we have ever had in this state. Just look at his record. He's a lame duck and still pushing things through because he knows No one wants them.
Does Barrett really want to be involved with him. Just knowing that they think a like scares me.
One thing I will say is Tom Barrett seems and I will say is better person then Doyle I am not saying he's a bad guy But I do not think we can afford to stay on this coarse of spending.
OK lets give him the money and what are we going to get. Govenor Doyle JR. $810 Million Dollars for a train to Madison and thats just the starting point. That does not included daily up keep. Taxes Taxes Taxes. aren't you tired of paying taxes. I am telling you he has done nothing for Milwaukee. He has nothing to run on. He is campaigning on what happen at State Fair thats It.
Last why bring up Tommy Thompson that was over 10 years ago that was then this is Now. Maybe we should just blame it on Bush.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
More important than who is governor, we simply need to ensure neither party has too much power. Doyle would be in much better shape if he had a Republican based legislature because neither party would have been able to force through stupid legislation and spending.

Same thing goes for the federal government. Do you really think Obama would have had the massive spending spree he did if there was a Republican House or Senate? Reverse is needed if there is a Republican President or Governor, their needs to one spot with Democrats in control.

Our government was designed for a separation of power to help prevent extremism and stupidity. If they have to meet in the middle they may not get as much done, but they'll actually better represent the will of the general population. Too many like minded people means they can follow through on any whim they want, no matter how foolish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:09 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Well said Kerry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 am 
General User
General User

I agree Mr. Tobin It seems they never really listen to us any more and as far as Washington goes its like I heard some one say a couple of weeks ago "The midwest is just a place they fly over" they really don't listen or care what we say at all. Now and I know some won't like this but I can under stand the Tea Partys affect No one is safe Not the Dems or the Republicans. And I for one agree with them

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:37 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Tom B wrote:
Last why bring up Tommy Thompson that was over 10 years ago that was then this is Now. Maybe we should just blame it on Bush.

So if one man commits a rape but you like him, it's okay, but if another man commits a rape but you don't like him so it's wrong?

Neither Thompson nor Doyle have done anything wrong by our laws and political rules so why are you devoting a thread to it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:44 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Kerry Tobin wrote:
If they have to meet in the middle they may not get as much done, but they'll actually better represent the will of the general population.

This is exactly how to get things done, meet in the middle. However, now we have the Tea Party that does not want candidates that will meet in the middle. The will allow only "no compromise" candidates that will work with no one. Thus the will of the people doesn't have a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:48 pm 
General User
General User

Sagan. I can tell your in a gray area. The Middle. 1st your rape analogy. What I said was talk about the present not what happen 12 years ago. My comment was made in reply to Mr. Barretts comment about not using outside money Nothing else. It had nothing to do with who I like and who I dislike. I will say this, this is going to be the dirtiest and uglyest election this state has ever seen The liberals are scared and they will stop at Nothing to stop what's about to happen to them..
2nd. Why should we accept the middle. Whats in the middle. Just look at the last presidential race and now look at how things have gone. Every bit of it shoved down our throats. No vote's just do as we say we know whats good for you. We rule the country. The House the Senate and The executive office. Thats the middle. Really Sounds as far to the left as you can get. If your stuck in the middle you go No where. It's the Gray area.

Last I would like you to go on line to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Read Sundays front page story by Daniel Bice. "Union Plan Not Lost On Walker Aide" You want to read some thing sickening read that story. This my friends is Illegal and this story comes from the Journal a knowen Liberal paper. If these are the kind of people you want in there Good Luck Your going to need it. I for one have had enought of it. God Bless this Great Nation. We need it.