The Closed Bridge

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The Closed Bridge

Postby Catfish » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:18 am

Well now the bridge is closed. Took our first inconvenient trip up to "A" and back down. Wasn't too bad but hard to believe that will be the case for a whole year.
I had read or heard somewhere that a very large percentage of bridges are decaying all over the state. Something about them all being built around the same time and now they will be replacing them in order of neccessity.
What happens when they need to replace the bridge in Minocqua? That is the ONLY bridge to get north of Minocqua. How will you get to Woodruff and cities up that way then? Talk about an inconvenient detour, that would be a major detour. I guess it won't be that bad dealing with ours in comparison.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: The Closed Bridge

Postby Old Scout » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 pm

The one positive side of this situation is that with no traffic coming from the north it sure is easy getting across or onto 4th st. in the down town area. Rather nice actually ! :)
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

tooten
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tooten » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 am

With all that traffic on County Highway A there should be a traffic lights or stop signs at A and North 4th Street. There will be a big wreck there soon.

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Postby Deb Richardson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 am

I'm sure it will become routine and will actually be missed when the bridge opens again next year. NOT! Now is one of the times I'm glad I don't still live in Tomahawk. Living on the south side I'd be so annoyed having to travel all that way to go to Nelson's. I feel for friends that live on the south and have businesses on the north and vice verse. What's a person to do, better a minor inconvenience rather than a tragedy.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

mrbrowns

Postby mrbrowns » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know a public meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow morning (Oct. 6) concerning the bridge, detour route (including the STH A intersection) and all other facets of the project. Representatives from Lunda, WisDOT, the city and others involved will be on hand to answer questions and give updates. Those with concerns and those who would like to know more should attend. There's more on the meeting in this week's issue of the Tomahawk Leader. The meeting will take place at SARA Park starting at 7:30 a.m.
Gone Fishin'

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”