Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:09 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Who is sponsoring or running this thing anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tomahawk School District. Unfortunately, the news release came too late for us to publish in last week's newspaper. We would have given it front page placement and pushed it on the web. We had gone to the district's irritating 6:30 AM committee meeting to offer to help host/plan the event back when it was first mentioned, (yes, that's 6:30 AM! I personally think that's appalling and certainly not public-friendly). Then, we didn't even get the courtesy of notification in time for our weekly publication. FYI: It's Monday, June 20 7-8:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Two of the three candidates for the 12th Senate district have committed: Holperin and Lussow, last I heard. I'll probably be there to cover it, but I'm still irritated. -Kathy Tobin, Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

This whole thing stinks. It looks to me like something that was put together without public knowledge and in support of the Holprin campaign. Given the hand holding that goes on between the school administration and the teachers union the real sponsor of this thing is the Wisconsin Education Association Council and their sympathizers and supporters. Wasn't Christine "The Moderator" Brown's husband (Nicolet College) one of the first teachers to use the WEAC party line in a letter to the editor naming the small businesses that would lose money if the new budget bill passed. In that letter he was going to become so impoverished that he would no longer be able to do business with those merchants. That tactic was used throughout the state to intimidate small business owners. My thought is, If they want to hold a political rally let them rent a hall.

Other than that big Lincoln County property tax hike that he shoved through, the last thing I read about Lussow was that the local Republican Party was questioning if he was in fact a Republican!