Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Searching...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Kathy and Larry,

I am in search of a distant branch of my family who I have tracked down to Tomahawk and I'd love to know your advice on how to put a query in the Leader asking for relatives. The family in question is the Frahms, and I am aware that Walter and Ella are buried in Greenwood Cemetery, but it seems that they had four sons who might or might not still be alive. If they're not, I'm hoping that their descendants might be and still in the area to read the paper. Please tell me whether I should write a letter to the editor to this effect, it should be a blurb on whatever page you see fit, or even if you know a Frahm still in the area to pass it along to. Any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Burl Salmon
Atlanta, GA

(Editor's note: We can pass along information directly if contacted at news@tomahawkleader.com. Otherwise we'll refer him to any postings here.)

Post subject: Re: Searching...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
From Krueger Funeral Home.

Russell Frahm, age 93, formerly of Hillside Road in the Town of Wilson, passed away Monday, December 12, 2011 at Golden Living Center – Riverview in Tomahawk under hospice care.

Russell was born April 26, 1918 in Gaurie, Iowa, the son of Walter and Ella (Hansen) Frahm. He worked as a painter in the Tomahawk area for many years. Russell loved music and was an accomplished guitarist. He also enjoyed fishing, and was a veteran of the U.S. Army.

Russell is survived by many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, and three brothers – Ted, Lee, and Wesley.

A Memorial Service with Military Tribute for Russell Frahm will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16, 2011 at Krueger Family Funeral Home in Tomahawk. Rev. Dr. Gary Uttech will officiate. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 10:00 a.m. until the hour of Service at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in the spring at Greenwood Cemetery in Tomahawk.
**************************************************************************************************
Wesley V. Frahm, age 87, W7462 Hillside Road, Tomahawk, passed away January 19, 2011 at Golden Living Center – Riverview in Tomahawk.

Wesley was born February 13, 1923 in Gaurie, Iowa, the son of Walter and Ella (Hansen) Frahm. He was formerly married to June Higgins. Wesley was had been a resident of the Tomahawk area since 1963. He was employed with Harley-Davidson for 21 years. He enjoyed golfing, fishing, bowling, and was an avid sports fan. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in WWII.

Survivors include:

Son Rand (Susan Spero) Frahm Spring Hill, Florida

Brother Russell Frahm Tomahawk.

Wesley was preceded in death by his parents and 2 brothers – Ted and Lee.

A Memorial Service with Military Tribute for Wesley Frahm will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 22, 2011 from Krueger Family Funeral Home. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until the hour of services at 11:00 a.m.

Hope this helps, I worked with Wesley at Harley-Davidson and have many fond memories of him.

Seize the Day !