Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: whiney neighbors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:35 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

It's a money thing. I could not do it but why was every one on the block and the town making such a big deal out of it in the first place! That was the whole point of my first post. That women like many people are pushed emotionally to a breaking point just because some people can't keep their nose on their own business.
What I was looking to see how many people on this sight are petty and just plain mean spirited. I got my answer and this will be my last post. I don't need nor do I want people with such nasty personalities in my life. I guess it's your carma.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:38 am 
Contributor
Contributor

lacym099, you will be missed. I have had the same thoughts. Some people are not happy unless they are making others unhappy. Some just like to pick apart others. Maybe it makes them feel like they are better then others if they can find something wrong with everyone else. People living in glass houses often throw stones at others because they are so vunerable themselves. It distracts them from themselves. It is also very easy when they can hide themselves behind a key board. I do not need this much negativity in my life either. good-bye.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:15 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

My gosh its just a chatroom folks. No need to take everything so personally. Interesting reading though.

Here in San Jose we practically live on top of one another and my neighbors and I get along great. We get together in the yard and yak etc. I don't allow my dog to bark too much. If I hear her barking for more than a few seconds I bring her in. Never had a complaint. I always bring a pooper-scooper with me on walks too. Common courtesy is all it takes.

Lacy - Its possible that your neighbors are just mean-spirited, but its also possible that you are being inconsiderate. I know its a tough pill to swallow, but you have to consider the possibility.

Do unto others...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:58 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Lacy,
Your ramblings during your first post don't even come close to matching your sermon in your last post. Perhaps the responses received would have been different if folks knew where the he## you were coming from??

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:30 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you cmoo…. It’s just a chatroom…. I don’t take any of this too seriously…matter of fact I think you have to look at it as entertainment. That’s not to say that a serious or important thought don’t occasionally find it’s way here. Certainly not by me! :D :D

But for those that seem to be a bit over reactive I suggest a variation of an old adage.

Think before you speak… or in the case of message boards, think before you post. If you fail to do so, like most of my outbursts …then develop a thick skin. But never under any circumstance let anything said on a message board get under your skin. Fact is, there is no one here with all the answers, or any of them for that matter.