Tragedy

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Tragedy

Postby Old Scout » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:28 pm

Yesterday there was a tragic event in Tomahawk that those of us that know the family can never forget.

My heart goes out to the family, they are in my thoughts and prays.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Old Scout ]</small>
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Re: Tragedy

Postby Old Scout » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:16 pm

After hearing what our local radio station and the area TV stations are saying about this I wonder is they are talking about an entirely different incident. I have talked to the family and others that know what happened I can't believe how screwed up the media has the story. I don't know who they have been talking to but they need to get the correct information before they start spouting off about what happened. I am not going into detail here, because the family has gone through enough without adding to the pain. I do know that much of what the public has heard is inaccurate information, so don't believe all you have heard.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No

Postby Kerry Tobin » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:36 pm

Old Scout,

Please contact me with a Private Message if there is any information we have that is incorrect.

We also have noticed statements that are incorrect (some not even part of the incident).

Good luck to the family, I know this is a terrible time.

Ali
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Ali » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:12 pm

I dont know if any info. is correct or not, I do know the media has way over done the coverage. When I turned on the channel 10 news last nite and saw the film they were showing of the funerals WOW. That to me and many others was way out of line..Cant the family be given some peace. are they that hard up for news? and is it really news any more, it has had plenty of coverage in the past week.

Dopey Dwarf
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Re:

Postby Dopey Dwarf » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:44 pm

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JFlosum
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JFlosum » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:45 am

Right on the money Deb. And it’s worse then that. As you know I do news research for a large number of Wall Street clients. I spend 6-8 hours a day reading news gathered form all the major news media in the world including all the stock exchanges. The story passed over my screen a number of times.

People around the world have an insatiable appetite for violence and tragedy. It is so sad. :(

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”