Fire and Rescue school

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Fire and Rescue school

Postby Old Scout » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:43 am

It is a shame, that because of the budget cuts that most communities are doing to try to keep spending in line, that one of the first things that has to suffer is training for their Firefighters and EMS personal.

This is the 21st year that the Tomahawk Fire Dept. is having a Fire and Rescue school. Instead of the many hundreds of students as in the past, at last count it is less than 100. With all the programs that exist and departments in the Gov. that could be cut back why is it that the first thing to go is our fire protection and medical response personal. I guess they figure keeping people on the payroll and spending on nice to have things is more important than our Safety.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Re: Fire and Rescue school

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Gordy & Brian,
I'm looking for a Tomahawk charity to send a donation in Brian's honor since our steak sandwich bet was paid for by a very cool "outside party" (Thanks K.T.!)

Would the Fire & Rescue School be a good site? Who would I name on the check? Or is there a food pantry in Tomahawk?

Actually...Hey Brian! what Tomahawk Charity should I make a donation to in your name? Please E-mail or better yet, publish the charity on this thread & maybe some other folks will feel moved to contribute too.

<small>[ September 04, 2007, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Jeff Boettcher ]</small>
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”