Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Graduate Felons?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Just wondering what everyone's general thoughts are about the four recent graduates who have been charged with felonies.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Graduate Felons?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:33 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
I find it interesting that there is so much interest in these four students just because they made on stupid decision. I guess it must be the sensationalism factor. It is kind of funny in a way what people take an interest in and what is of enough interest for it to make it into the news.

Back on the 23rd of May three local boys earned Their Eagle Scout Awards, the highest award that can be earned by a Boy Scout. There has not been one word about it in the Leader. I wonder why? Perhaps we need to have these boys get into some trouble and then maybe they will get some recognition. What is ironic is that there was a leader reporter there taking pictures and I assume writing down the information. It is disapointing to see these boys work that hard to complete the requirements for the award and then be ignored. I guess that the only way the young people of Tomahawk can get coverage in the paper is to either be in sports or be in trouble. Even if it is printed at some future date it is still old news and the boys have already been disapointed not to see it in the paper when it happened. The sad part is that this is not the first time this has happened so I guess we should not be surprised.

Seize the Day !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family
Spambot: No
Old Scout,

I could be wrong but I thought I had seen something on the Eagle Scouts. I remember thinking about a former roommate who stopped just short of completing it.

Kerry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:21 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I remember senior pranks. When I was in school we had a group of four who went down in school history as the "produce boys". My cousin was one of them. All four were all valley football conference leaders. One led the league in rushing, the other in ground gains, etc. They were not allowed to play in our homecoming game which was always against our cross-town rival high school. It was the biggest game of the year for us. These four mon-yokes got all liquored up and decided to go to the supermarket dumpster the night before the game to gather rotten produce to throw on their "favorite" teachers porch. They got caught. We lost our homecoming game.
While I can't say I condone?? getting liquored up for the prank, or the fact that they did it at all, but it was truly a spur of the moment impulsive crazy move, but no-one could have been hurt or killed by it. Either way each of these groups, the "produce boys" and the "tire changers" made a bad decision. What I find disturbing though, is the fact, that as stated in the Wausau or Merrill paper, that two of the "tire changers" went to the house that noon hour before the fateful evening, to disengage the motion sensor lights so as to not go on while they came back that evening to do the nasty. Now that's premeditation. That seems a little different than getting boozed and making a dull decision.
P.S.--Will these guys go down in school folklore as the "tire changers" ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Loosening the lugs nuts on someones wheels goes beyond being a "prank"!
Makes me wonder what these kids learned in the past four years? Obviously, they`re not ready to graduate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:31 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

When I heard this news about these boys I was quite disturbed by what they did and still am.
What were they thinking? I know these boys might
come from good families, BUT if you have ever watched TV SHOWS, this is what they do to people's
lug nuts...to get them to loose control and be killed in their CARS!!!!! I was shocked and saddened that these boys would do something like this to anyone. I can't believe NONE of them spoke up and said: HEY , THIS ISN"T RIGHT!!Someone
could get killed!!!!! I didn't hear the part about the lights/sensors being disonnected until
I read the post above...GEEZ..that makes me more sad & MAD :mad: If you don't like a teacher or agree with what they did...no reason to tamper with their belongings!....including their kids in their cars!...I'm sorry, but I am apalled by this incident and think they should be punished in some way. I don't know what penalty would be good for this, but they need to know this was a very dangerous prank and someone could have been KILLED! Innocent children at that....that had NOTHING to do with it.