Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CWD testing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

To gauge the interest level of hunters in the northwoods to have their deer tested for CWD by the state lab.

Post subject: Re: CWD testing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:25 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.
Hmm by last count hunting and or eating venison can be hazardous for the following reasons:

1) Hunting Accidents; and,
2) Lymes Disease from ticks; and,
3) West Nile Virus from the skeeters; and,
4) CWD from allegedly eating contaminated venison; and,
5) e-coli from eating poorly processed meats; and,
6) plague from fleas on the deer; and,
7) divorce violence from hunting widows; and,
8) alcohol related trasportation incidents; and,
9) heart attack from excitemnt and or exertion; and,
10) you could get wet, cold, lost, and become very grumpy; and.....

As you can see hunting as a sport is far outweighed by the dangers to your life! So don't hunt! Play chess at home with your aging parents or favorite sibling. By no means take a chance that all the hype bombarded upon us is just that - hype. By all means lets get all excited about a disease that has not been empirically demonstrated to be of any risk to humans.By all mean let us just swallow hook, line and sinker what the gv'mint is saying! And by all means let us pay for it! Everyone knows that throwing money at a problem will solve it!

It just goes to show that deer hunting can KILL YOU!!! I can't wait for the disclaimer that will be printed on on all deer hunting licenses soon - "Danger - enjoyment of this time honored tradition and pastime of deer hunting can lead to conditions ranging from diarrhea to death! Hunt at your own risk!"

Fer cryin out loud, life is a terminal condition, so enjoy it!

No I don't want my deer tested, or rather lets test it for Viral Enchepalits, E-Coli, Whooping cough, tetnus, rocky mountain spotted fever, Bora-Bora hemmoragic rectal retinopathy, depression, and social integration dysfunction.

Why can't I just eat the dumb thing like I have for the last 15 years?

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: MedicDVG ]</small>

*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:41 am 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk
MedicDVG,

I'll second that. Good post !!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:43 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing can be said about a walk in Bradley Park for 7 or 8 of 10 on you list.

I agree.... Life is terminal... big brother cannot protect us form cradle to crave but they sure keep trying....

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: JFlosum ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:29 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Correct. CWD has not been proven to cause diesease in humans. However, it has not been disproven either. Furthermore, CWD's close "cousin" BSE has been transmitted to humans in the form of variant CJD, which is lethal. Also, the African Kuru tribe which believes in ritualistic cannibalism has a moderate frequency of variant CJD. The nature of science lends equal amounts of "power" to proven or disproven theories.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:24 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.
Hmm.. By your logic then.... If I beat a stick against a tree to scare off tigers, and there are no tigers... Well then QED I am effective 100% in scaring off tigers.

If I run into any Kuru Tribesman in the near future, I will be sure to bring my own lunch...

I thought that all of the tail wagging the dog type hysteria was all used up for Y2K!

And thats all I have to say about that.....

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: MedicDVG ]</small>

*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***