Hmm by last count hunting and or eating venison can be hazardous for the following reasons:
1) Hunting Accidents; and,
2) Lymes Disease from ticks; and,
3) West Nile Virus from the skeeters; and,
4) CWD from allegedly eating contaminated venison; and,
5) e-coli from eating poorly processed meats; and,
6) plague from fleas on the deer; and,
7) divorce violence from hunting widows; and,
alcohol related trasportation incidents; and,
9) heart attack from excitemnt and or exertion; and,
10) you could get wet, cold, lost, and become very grumpy; and.....
As you can see hunting as a sport is far outweighed by the dangers to your life! So don't hunt! Play chess at home with your aging parents or favorite sibling. By no means take a chance that all the hype bombarded upon us is just that - hype. By all means lets get all excited about a disease that has not been empirically demonstrated to be of any risk to humans.By all mean let us just swallow hook, line and sinker what the gv'mint is saying! And by all means let us pay for it! Everyone knows that throwing money at a problem will solve it!
It just goes to show that deer hunting can KILL YOU!!! I can't wait for the disclaimer that will be printed on on all deer hunting licenses soon - "Danger - enjoyment of this time honored tradition and pastime of deer hunting can lead to conditions ranging from diarrhea to death! Hunt at your own risk!"
Fer cryin out loud, life is a terminal condition, so enjoy it!
No I don't want my deer tested, or rather lets test it for Viral Enchepalits, E-Coli, Whooping cough, tetnus, rocky mountain spotted fever, Bora-Bora hemmoragic rectal retinopathy, depression, and social integration dysfunction.
Why can't I just eat the dumb thing like I have for the last 15 years?
<small>[ October 24, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: MedicDVG ]</small>