Street Name Changes

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
kelly_jones
Beginner
Beginner

Street Name Changes

Postby kelly_jones » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:01 am

Recently in the city where I live a street name was changed from dummy street to sunset for obvious reasons. It was the city's choice to do so and therefore the city sent vouchers to every resident of the street for the cost and time to change all appropriate documents. Why won't Tomahawk consider doing this? Changing the names is an inconvenience to the residents and especially since it is not necessisarily their chioce to impliment these changes.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Street Name Changes

Postby Catfish » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:14 pm

That's because they were all a dummy, mostlikely in their 'sunset' years! Just kidding!

momof3
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Street Name Changes

Postby momof3 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:16 am

Not only do they want to change some street names they want to change address numbers & leave the streets the same, its just stupid, people have lived in these places for years, some kids have never had a different address. I would like to know how 7 or 8 appointed people can decide what our addresses are, it insane, they wouldnt be so gun-ho if it was their neighborhood. All because someone wants the city to look pretty on paper, give me a break! I for one say if they want to change the addresses they can pay for the expenses involved & if they dont want to pay leave it alone! Like this city doesnt have enough to do, why dont they spend the time & money they are wasting on fixing roads, oh yeah thats right they are pushing the expense on to the taxpayers, I say its not right & I hope all the residents of the affected area just refuse to do it, if we dont change, Are they going to come on our property & force it, I think not, they cannot change our mailing only we can so its time for everyone to stand up & say NO!!!

<small>[ September 24, 2005, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: momof3 ]</small>

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”