Deer Hunters Tee Shirts

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Deer Hunters Tee Shirts

Postby Catfish » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:23 pm

A while back there was discussion on this site about tee shirts at the "fall ride". Well here's another can of worms. I saw a shirt in blaze orange showing a Laotian in a tree stand. Above the drawing it said, "Happy Hunting in Wisconsin". Under the drawing it said, "You're Hmong Friends". Would you buy one? Would you go hunting on public land? It would scare me to be out there where errant bullets are flying around.

Deb Richardson
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.

Re: Deer Hunters Tee Shirts

Postby Deb Richardson » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:13 pm

Very bad taste as far as I'm concerned, however we as American's do have freedom of speech. It has been my experience that often times people uncomfortable with a situation or unable to understand a situation will resort to expressing themselves in a distasteful manner. This could be the case with these T-shirts, or just plain ignorance!! My guess is that it's a combination of all three. Best wishes to all hunters for a safe season!

<small>[ November 13, 2005, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Deb Richardson ]</small>
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Jeff Boettcher
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: vacation

Postby Jeff Boettcher » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:12 pm

The tee stinks. As for hunting on public land, public & private lands are so closely intertwined in many areas that I don't think it matters as far as safety is concerned.

I believe the vast majority of the hunters follow safe practices,But I'll stick to fishing. The worst I can do there is sit on a treble hook.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:45 am

Jeff, never thought of the inter-twined theory, but so true. My "80" sits adjacent to public land and inevitably each year there are public hunters on my 80. In most cases it isn't a blatant tresspass at all. These poor guys are totally lost. They have no idea where your property line is. **** it took me awhile, getting to really know when I was crossing over.

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:48 am

Those "bleeps" are the oposite of heaven.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”