Da New Street

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Da New Street

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:31 pm

Just a note to say thanks to all the people who worked so hard to get the street finished up over by Charlies. The lights are not yet on but everything really looks great over there. The city of Tomahawk can be proud of this effort.

Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Re: Da New Street

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:46 am

I agree. Very smooooooth! It's a vast improvement over the potholed, uneven mess that it was for years. I sure don't miss that big hump at the end of Merrill Avenue either. I am wondering though where the snow is going to go when it gets plowed this winter.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Merse
General User
General User

Postby Merse » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:34 pm

It's certainly a Parkway! Very nice. I wondered about the snow, too. And I'm concerned about the lights, as I'm not a fan of these lights on Main Street.

The street looks lovely, no denying that. If we're interested in beautifying the downtown... isn't there some way to remove the overhead power lines?

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:32 am

Only one comment, for a new street it sure has a lot of pot holes (AKA man hole covers) that are far below the level of the pavement. The one in front of the feed store is a tire killer. Other than that it sure is a great improvement.

Question, does anyone know if they are going to put a stop or yield sign by the Alamo corner. It is kind of confusing.
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Kerry Tobin
Administrator
Administrator
Tie to Tomahawk: I grew up there & family

Postby Kerry Tobin » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:22 pm

Old Scout,

I've seen intersections in Appleton and Eau Claire that seem a lot like that one.

I don't really think it is necessary as long as the road goes from a one lane to a two lane right there. Traffic coming from S simply becomes the right lane of the road.

Thoughts?

Dopey Dwarf
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Re:

Postby Dopey Dwarf » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:33 pm

Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Postby Old Scout » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:59 pm

Kahn's isn't any bigger, but the parking lot is !
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”