Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:14 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

How do you like the "new" location of the hospital?

Seems to me the other location was much better because now everyone has to go through the main drag to get there...and when the ambulance rushes to and from it is putting more traffic in jeopardy rushing through town. Don't know if the thought was there in having the ambulance buzzing through local traffic through the main part of town that already has "enough" accidents daily~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:51 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: vacation
Like you have a choice now?? It's there. It won't move. Adapt to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:25 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

If you don't live here, don't bother posting a sassy reply. Was looking for input on the new location from those that have to "go with the traffic" it involves here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:19 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Do you now live in Tomahawk?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:06 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.
Hmm... Seems to me that 4th street was already there when we were in the old building. There is no more emergency traffic then years past. I like the new facility and its location. At least now we don't have to tie up the fire department when we need the helicoptor.

<small>[ July 06, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: MedicDVG ]</small>

*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:52 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Medic: Good to hear it is working out for you!
I just hear so many accident reports on 4th street daily, was wondering how ambulances would be roaring up and down that path. Yes, that is great for the helicopter if it is more convenient now. What will it be like on Harley Weekend when 4th street is so jam packed with riders? Do you have alternative routes you take for ambulances on this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:42 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Fushia-
Do you now live in Tomahawk?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:06 pm 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Who wants to know?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:47 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.
Fushia,
you missed my point. We have been "roaring up and down 4th street" since there was a 4th street. Moving the hospital puts no more traffic on the roads then in years previous. Lets face4 it, there are only a limited number of roadways to get around Tomahawk, with 4th street being the n/s backbone. As for Harley, we should be in no worse a situation then that has existed before - with the possible exception of me actually getting to work (I live in frenchtown).

Other then that, I invite you to stop in the new ER and I will happily give you the five cent tour.

As an aside, did you know that Sacred Heart has once again been named a 5-star customer service hospital? What this means is that of all the hospitals surveyed nationwide, SHH was in the top 10% for patient satisifaction! Last year we were number 1 of all hospitals in the US! This is regardless of hospital size. We were rated against some of the biggest and best hospitals in the USA and we have consistantly been in the top of the class. I am very proud of this hospital and the people who work there. I am proud to consider myself as part of that family. Of course my opinion is somewhat biased, but what the heck!

*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:47 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

MedicDVG-
Congrats on the 5 star rating! You & the rest of the staff prove once again that bigger is not always better when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Fushia-
Since I've asked the question twice, it's fairly obvious that I want to know. Who am I? It's common knowledge on this board that I'm a tourist with relatives in the general area. On this board I have taken stands on environmental issues such as the 345 kV transmission line & the "spur" that was proposed to run through the Crystal/Deer/Nokomis lakes region. I have participated in nonsense posts like "What's your favorite beer" or "Pick on the Bears fan". I have supported & debated "Kottah". I love the Tomahawk area & even though I keep trying to avoid this board, like a bad check I keep coming back.

You implied that as a nonresident, I had no right to make the statement that I did. I simply asked you if are you now a resident of Tomahawk. If you are, then your statement might be justified. If you are not, your response to my post is similar to "the pot calling the kettle black".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:53 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Tie to Tomahawk: Called it home for many years.
Geographical location of the new medical center shouldn't really be an issue in Tomahawk, considering that ten minutes in any direction and you have reached any destination within the city limits.
Something to think about Fushia, at the old location an ambulance would have to "go through" town when returning from a run to the north.
I've yet to need the services, so I can't comment on the facility proper. I do believe however that a new facility was in need for our community. To better serve those that live and play here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:15 am 
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Medic: I'm glad to hear you don't think it is a problem, therefore I will feel good about the new location! Thanks for posting. Your information
is positive and I can tell you enjoy your job also and are proud of it. Thanks very much for the information!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:09 pm 
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Fushia-
"Who wants to know" equates to "Oh Yeah?" or "Your momma!" in Debate 101. Despite the childishness of your response, I answered your question. Now do me the same courtesy. Do you now live in Tomahawk? Or are you a tourist like me?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:36 pm 
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Fushia, why won't you just answer the question....do you live here now and also, do you work??? There was thought put into the location of the new hospital, and this was the best location....in any event, where the hospital was before, well the ambulance still had to go racing through town, regardless....this is nothing new for the ambulance....EMTs and Police Officers are required to take Emergency Vehicle Operation courses, prior to taking the job, so no matter where you put a facility that serves such a large area, you are going to have some traffic issues...such as stop lights. For calls north of Tomahawk, the ambulance no long has to deal with stop lights, like they did in the past... And for the south part, well, County A to 51 is an alternative...just thought I would point out the obvious....by the way, you talked about the facility moving and the occurrence of a couple of accidents, like they had something to do with each other....are you saying the ambulance caused these accidents....??? Be careful.....