Dog Killer

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Born, raised and live in Tomahawk

Dog Killer

Postby Old Scout » Wed May 31, 2006 1:32 pm

Last thursday our neighbor came home to find the families 10 month old Yellow Lab dead in the yard. Upon investigating she found that it had been shot. Judging from the wound it had happened right in the yard. Being hit in the lungs it wouldn't have gone very far and apparently died quickly as there was no blood or blood trail indicating it had been anywhere else. The Lincoln County Sheriff Dept. is investigating. The really sad part is that this is the second dog that they have lost since moving into the area last year. They had a older Rotwieler that dissappeared about a month ago. The four young children are heartbroken and can't understand why someone would do this to their pet.

If anyone knows anything about this please contact the Lincoln Co. Sheriff. Any scumbag that would do this to a families pet deserves all the punishment that the law would allow. :mad:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Dog Killer

Postby Old Scout » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 pm

I'm curious about something, The bullet did not go through the dog, but the Sheriff's dept. did not take the dog to a vet to have the bullet removed for evidence. It may be a long shot, but if they ever have a suspect, being able to tie the bullet to a gun would go a long way in getting a conviction. Did they just forget or was it a case of it's only a dog? :confused:
The National Institutes of Health has just released the results of a $200 million research study completed under a grant to Johns Hopkins.
The new study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

Dopey Dwarf
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Re:

Postby Dopey Dwarf » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:29 pm

--------------------------------
Last edited by Dopey Dwarf on Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Scout
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Old Scout » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:00 pm

"Dogs are people too- just ask my dog."

My Dog feels that way too, and is nice enought to let me live in his house. :D

MJC135
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Postby MJC135 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:13 am

Not to minimize the loss to this family, but even if the bullet would have been recovered it would not be able to be traced. The state crime lab is overwhelmed with cases and the death of a dog is not a top priority.

Big dog lover here, but that is the truth. Sorry.

I am sure the Deputy that investigated would have loved to have traced the bullet, but we cannot do it on the local level, and the state will not do it for us. Does not leave much choice.

<small>[ June 05, 2006, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: MJC135 ]</small>

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Catfish » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:31 am

What a sad state of affairs, that cases by the detectives in Lincoln County have to be placed on a priority level. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Certain cases get attention and certain cases are forgotten about because of lack of time. I am personnaly very agitated by this situation. it seems that if you're going to break the law, if you don't break it hard enough you get away with it. That is wrong, wrong, wrong. If you have been wronged by a criminal action and your case gets placed on the back burner it doesn't feel good to think there aren't any consequences to the criminal. What's a person supposed to do? Grin and bear it, turn the other cheek and wait to be crapped on again? It sucks and is sad and WRONG!

abnerman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby abnerman » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:46 pm

I'm actually a bit ashamed to be lumped into the same general species as the sick tool who did that...

<small>[ June 17, 2006, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: abnerman ]</small>
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”