Human Race

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
dejesus
Beginner
Beginner

Human Race

Postby dejesus » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:12 am

When asked about our race, answering "Human Race" might be best. Recent studies of the human DNA show cultural concepts of "race" to have no scientific counterpart. That is, human beings with varying skin pigments and other superficial characteristics are not separable into species as are birds or ants or bears.

Modern realities of transportation and commerce are creating one world. If we do it right, including everyone, excluding no one, it can be a peaceful world. Peace on earth, goodwill to all people everywhere, is a goal attainable.

How can we justify ourselves if we fail to try? Regrettably, Senator Trent Lott's recent and not so recent blatantly racist remarks have revealed the pretense by him and by many other republicans that they now embrace civil rights.

http://juandejesus.50megs.com/juancomments.html

Catfish
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Human Race

Postby Catfish » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:06 am

Is that why the Bilderberg wants the Euro dollar and a "one world order"? Because we can't be classified into sub-species.

Dopey Dwarf
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Tomahawk

Re: Human Race

Postby Dopey Dwarf » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:49 pm

Yep, We should all just get along.

But I do wonder why "race/ethnicity" is so often asked of me. Many people ask me my nationality. Hmmm.... makes me wonder about the ignorance in the world. Also makes me wonder why everyone, caucasian or black (African- American), just doesn't mark other.

If everyone marked other, don't you think it would really tear down the barriers and the walls we put up around ourselves.

I'm never sure what to put when asked my Race/Ethnicity. But I do know that my nationality is American- 100%.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”