Tomahawk area satellite tv service

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Tomahawk area satellite tv service

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:26 pm

Does anyone here have a satellite dish? If so, which service do you use? I'm asking because I now live way too far out for cable and my bride misses her HGTV and other cable offerings(I miss The Simpsons but that's another story). Anyway, I'd like to be able to get the Packer games as well as local news. Any pointers?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Fushia
Typical Poster
Typical Poster

Re: Tomahawk area satellite tv service

Postby Fushia » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:26 am

Have you checked out Direct TV? That is what most
have that can't hook up to cable.

momof3
Beginner
Beginner

Postby momof3 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:30 pm

If you are looking at satelitte tv, just remember
on Direct TV you cannot get nbc,abc,cbs,pbs, or fox on there, unless you call all the stations & get them to sign a waiver that you cannot recieve them from your rooftop antenna,(good luck on that the guy in eagle river at abc just blew me off)pbs was easy though. Im not sure if dish one has local or not you may wanna call. Direct TV will let you buy the sunday ticket for i think 160 a yr you get all games (13) every sunday I believe, its pretty cool. Hope this helps.

Brian
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Fourth generation native.

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:56 am

Thank you, ladies! I'll stop in town and see what's available.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

JKR
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Postby JKR » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:23 am

Brian, we also have direct Tv and antena.But to get the Packer game on Fox we use a booster that we got from K-Mart its really a booster with rabbit ears,call me and Ill let hubby explain it to you! It really works neat!Not too costly either! ;) ;) ;)

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”