Thrilla on the Grilla

Forum for discussions about Tomahawk and the Northwoods.
Themacs
General User
General User
Tie to Tomahawk: My second home...

Thrilla on the Grilla

Postby Themacs » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:31 pm

So...what did everyone think of Thrilla on the Grilla??? I was not able to attend but heard the weather was great, attendance was great, and the ribs were even better!!
Last edited by Themacs on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

kmartell
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Grew up in Tomahawk in the 50s and early 60s, left after High School in '64

Re: Thrilla on the Grilla

Postby kmartell » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I can't answer your question directly but there is a BBQ forum (of all things :shock: ) that talks about the Thrilla and some interesting comments on the people of Tomahawk in general.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewt ... dd99b76477
Ken Martell
kenmartell@gmail.com
Thankful to be alive and healthy. Proud to call Tomahawk my hometown.

MedicDVG
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: Lived in Tomahawk -- still pay Taxes in Lincoln County and TSD.

Postby MedicDVG » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm

I am sorry that I missed the event itself. I can tell you that the smells of the event permeated my home for hours and I think I lost about 10 pounds in just drool alone... :D
*** The opinions expressed herein are uniquely MY OWN and should not be construed as an endorsement of any sort by my employers or of any professional associations to which I hold membership. I can dig myself into holes just fine without their help, thank you very much***

logic1
Contributor
Contributor
Tie to Tomahawk: born in Tomahawk - family

Postby logic1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:46 am

this was an awesome idea & hope that it becomes an annual. Being the first year I know there are things that will change - the comments I have heard: contestants were supplied the ribs & not able to bring their own ( Chili Pepper Cafe was disqualified due to bringing their own meat) also heard the ribs were tough & some were raw. Also it might be more fun if the stations were voted on by the attendees as to who had the best ribs & also that it should be moved to October when the weather is not so hot. Just a few things I have heard about it.

Return to “Tomahawk and the Northwoods”