Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 1 (more)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
to any one that can help me. about 3 years i got a 58 14 foot Tomahawk runabout. i have fixed it up and repainted it. i am looking for info on the tomahawk boat mfg. corp.just anything names,dates,just anything. i keep hitting a wall. i am going to try to make it up there this year,with my boat. please help me with this . thank you
Wes < chess_dragon2001@yahoo.com >
Eldora, Ia USA - Monday, January 14, 2002 at 18:23:51 (EST)

We have enjoyed reading about the happenings in Tomahawk. Our family had the fortunate opportunity to live in Tomahawk from June 1979 until June 1982 while employed at the Owens Illinois paper mill. We think about the many friends we made during our short time in the north woods. Best wishes for the new year. Gerald, Ardine, Nickie, Stacey & Holly
Gerald & Ardine Obenhaus < GObenhaus@ijntb.net >
Orange, TX USA - Saturday, January 12, 2002 at 21:25:19 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk. I am in search of a specific original newspaper from Tomahawk dated December 1st, 1948. If anyone knows how I can get a hold of one please contact me. I would greatly appreciate it.
Sonja < sonjarae@gci.net >
Fairbanks, AK USA - Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 18:16:55 (EST)

Alex would like to wish her Aunt Alice and Uncle Rob Gray and her Grandma Rita Sparbel and all her Aunts and Uncles a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from West Seneca New York.
Alex Sparbel < lynnesparbel@msn.com >
West Seneca, NY USA - Thursday, December 13, 2001 at 19:14:11 (EST)

Way to go Tyler!! Congratulations on your drama awards. I know if you had a serious part that must have come fom your talent cause being nutty comes easy in our family. You've learned that quite well from your dad and uncles... We are all so proud of you. Talent well done! Remember the electrical treatment. I still need to take you and Jake thru the store once me and the girls move back there this summer. So be prepared.....Say "Hi" to all and once again congratulations on your awards. Love you.....Auntie Judy
Judy Stevenson < jstevenson64@aol.com >
Douglasville, Ga USA - Sunday, December 09, 2001 at 07:35:55 (EST)

thought this would be a great way for Addam and Alexx O'hara to know that i do love them and everyday is one day longer that we could be together and get what the three of us have been missing ,love. dont believe everything u hear i love u with all of my heart i had to survive just like i survive everyday without the both of u in it please stop the hurt for yourselves im here, always will be. Please stop hurting yourselves when u get in trouble with the law you dont hurt your dad u just **** him off its u who its hurting because now u have a record please be good to each other im here and i love u e-me back all my love theresa
theresa grubb < iluvmy3as >
USA - Thursday, December 06, 2001 at 22:06:34 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk: I just moved back to the midwest from California and have settled into my brother's house in Tomahawk. I visited Tomahawk for the first time during the motorcycle rally this past September. I enjoyed the festivities and found the area to be quite beautiful. I love small towns and when the opportunity to live in my brothers home came up I was excited to give it a try. Since I'm new to the community I thought this site might be a good place to introduce myself and make a few new friends. I'm single, no children, and enjoy walking, weight lifting, downhill skiing, cooking, baking, etc... - I love to keep active. I may be interested in a volunteer activity as well since I'm not yet actively employed. If you would like to communicate with me, please e-mail me at ginchereau@earthlink.net.
Nancy < ginchereau@earthlink.net >
Tomahawk, WI USA - Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 12:56:18 (EST)

Just finished a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend with our children who live in Tomahawk.......What a GREAT PLACE to be! Big hello to Ryan & April Milcarek!! Miss you both every day and can't wait til Christmas. Thanksgiving weekend was very fun!! GO BULLDOGS...We were great fans huh? Somebody !@#$&!....THAT'S YOU..hee hee Lots of Love, Kisses & Hugs.......DAD, LAURA, ZACK, JAKE, MIA & LITTLE VALERIE.........WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!
Timm & Laura Milcarek < YaaaHeyDeer@aol.com >
Chicago, Il USA - Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 00:52:27 (EST)

Neat site. I was cruising around the internet looking for more info on snowmobiling and decided to give this site a look see. Is there any way you could get me a e-mail address for Harley Davidson. It refers to employment. Thank you for your time and I woud also like to thank you in advance
Rob Wayda < Indyhead@webtv.net >
Merrill , WI USA - Friday, November 23, 2001 at 03:42:16 (EST)

Just thought I'd say hi to anyone visiting this site. It was neat to see an OLD classmate's name in among the notes from everyone. The class of '66 is still the best and I still root for the Hatchets whenever I get the chance to see something in the paper about them in our local paper. You can reach me at my email address if anyone remembers me. DebandMikeW@aol.com. Say hi to my mom and uncle Red and Aunt Darlene if you read this and think of it. Take care, Squirrel
Mike Wurl < DebandMikeW@aol.com >
Dubuque, Ia USA - Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 12:04:24 (EST)

A "Whitey Story". My dad, Don Jante, passed away in Tomahawk in June of 1995. He always enjoyed having the whole family gather at their house for Thanksgiving, whether it was squeezed together in the apartment above Gambles or their spacicous house on Mohawksin. Our first Thanksgiving without him, Whitey showed up at Mom's back door and stayed for a couple days. He had never visited before and Mom was surprised when he stayed. We provided treats and lots of pats to his head. The day we were all ready to head back home, Whitey went back to his 'post' at Charlies. God's messengers of comfort can show up in many forms. Thank you, Whitey.
Barbara Jante Oelke < jazhary@yahoo.com >
Wausau, WI USA - Tuesday, November 13, 2001 at 13:18:29 (EST)

I just read your "guestbook" for the first time and thought it was great. I graduated from Tomahawk High School in 1966 and after going to Vietnam (NAVY), I moved to Washington, D.C. where I was a police officer. I then moved to California and have been here for ages. I will be retiring from the City of Chino in a year and a half and moving to Northern Oregon to live with the two oldest of four boys and two of my three grandchildren. I will be looking up a couple old friends who live in Oregon yet I hope (Mike and Terry Luther). I would like to hear from anyone back home or still remembers me. My wife and I are hoping to come back next Summer to visit, it has been 10 years since I was back. I will be moving up near Tillamook or Bay City Oregon. I have subscribed to the Leader for over 35 years and it is usually a week to two late (bummer). Anyway, by going on line I can at least see some of the latest information. Hope to hear from any of the old buddies.
Willie Pfalzgraff < Pfalzgraff@MSN.com >
Ontario, CA USA - Friday, November 02, 2001 at 15:15:16 (EST)

Alex Sparbel would like to say Hi from West Seneca, NY to her Grandma Rita Sparbel and all her Aunts and Uncles in Tomahawk.
Lynne and Alexandria Sparbel < lynnesparbel@msn.com >
West Seneca, NY USA - Monday, October 15, 2001 at 18:42:38 (EST)

Hello to anyone who remembers us. My husband Frank and I ran the Deer Trail Resort and Restaurant on HWY.51 in 1980-81. We have lived in Florida for 16 years now and hope to someday get back to Wisconsin to visit. Sure do miss the pine trees and lovely summers but don't miss the snow and COLD winters.Would love to hear from anyone who remembers us.
Annette and Frank Gillen < amgillen538@aol.com ,camperfrank141@aol.com >
Cape Coral, FL USA - Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 16:46:05 (EST)

I want to thank my parents and my family for all the support they have giving me, while I've been stationed in Aviano, Italy. I am currently deployed to Turkey and they still continue to send their love to me. Thank you Tomahawk for your always taking care of their own.
Kristina Fleming Armstrong < kristina555fs@yahoo.com >
Incirlik AB, Turkey - Wednesday, October 10, 2001 at 14:34:43 (EST)

The Seekers Motorcycle Club and the family of William "Scorp" Phillips Jr. would like to thank everyone who made the tragic passing of Scorp a little easier to bear. Scorp was killed in a multiple car/ motorcycle accident the afternoon of Friday Aug. 17th at the intersections of Hwy's. K and 51 just north of Tomahawk. We would like to thank all of the emergency crews and police departments that responded, and to all of the people at the scene who tried to help Scorp. Also to all of the people at Beste Funeral Home and St. Pauls Church in Mosinee, and to all of the clubs and bikers who took part in the beautiful funeral procession to the cemetary. Scorp was loved by many and will be deeply missed. Ride Free Brother.........Ride Free.
Jon "Cuda" Kittel < cudaseeker@charter.net >
Wausau, WI USA - Friday, September 21, 2001 at 17:31:51 (EST)

Colorama marks the end of the summer season of rallys for me. It is my favorite rally because it is breathtaking riding on a harley through the area. The towns people are gracious and caring. This is my 3rd time to Tomahawk and I'm planning on coming back again next year.
Jean Hill < hilljt@mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us >
Milwaukee, WI USA - Thursday, September 20, 2001 at 15:55:00 (EST)

I am writing to find any family and friends from either side of my family. My mother (Ethel Shrofe-Blood) and my father (George Blood) were raised in Tomahawk. Email me if you know either side. thanks. Lisa
Lisa Wood < Mzbuzbuz@aol.com >
Lacey , WA USA - Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 21:58:55 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk, I retired form the Navy back in 1998 and I planned on moving to Tomahawk. I stayed with a friend for a month looking for a house for rent, we couldn't find one so now I am stuck in my wife's hometown in California. I really liked my visit and I look forward to returning someday. Hello Swede! Thanks, Dan
Daniel I Sutton < sutton@iwvisp.com >
Ridgecrest , CA USA - Thursday, September 06, 2001 at 15:23:28 (EST)

Beautiful town your tomahawk is, we were there for a short visit with family,the leaves were already changing on the trees and it was only august,cool and misty at night, i truly loved it, you have bears there, that was so cool, and do you really have so much snow that y`all use dog sleds, i would love to see that, my friend and i will have to come back again in winter, anyway the trip was wonderful,and your people were so friendly, truly very enjoyable, thank you all, vickie and susan
vickie newberry martin < pollyparty1@aol.com >
radcliff, ky USA - Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 21:48:38 (EST)

Hi, My mother & father used to live in Tomahawk could you tell me if there is any where I can write for the family tree. I have a lot of info about my father's side (Shrofe) but I can't seen to find much on my Mother's side (Adams) If you could give me any info I would appreciate it. Thanks Jean Jewett
Jean Jewett < weaniejew@aol.com >
Spokane, Wa USA - Tuesday, August 28, 2001 at 23:56:12 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk Natives, I was a graduate of Tomahawk High School in 1978. I have recently moved to Richmond, Indiana due to my husband's work with Colorbox. My parents Don and Mona Cannady still live in Tomahawk and I try to visit as much as possible. I log on to this website about once a week to catch up on what is happening in the community and would love to hear from some of my old dear friends from the Class of '78. I'm alot closer now then I was in the last 8 years and hope to rekindle some of those classic school friendships. Hope to hear from a few of you real soon.
Lynnette Farley (Cannady) < miklyn@mail.com >
Richmond, IN USA - Saturday, August 25, 2001 at 14:42:31 (EST)

Well here it is just about time for the 20th annual Harley Davidson Colorama Fall Ride for MDA. My wife and I have made just about every one of them, and it gets better every year. This is an extra special one for us since it is the weekend of our 20th wedding anniversary as well! What a great time to have a biker party!!! See you there, and a special thanks to Colin at the newspaper for letting us stay at his place every year. He and Deana are great people!
Jon "CUDA" Kittel < cudaseeker@charter.net >
Mosinee, WI USA - Friday, August 24, 2001 at 01:21:00 (EST)