Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 1 (more)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Like this site.The area sounds like it is very nice. Hello to W.D. Hudson and family.
Bremda McElroy McClure < waynemcclure@cox-internet.com >
Newport, AR USA - Wednesday, May 01, 2002 at 01:03:28 (EST)

This was great to look at. Since my grandparents used to live in Tomahawk. But since my grandpa died I can't visit Tomahawk anymore. I sure will miss it but lokking on this website it will help me remember the great life of Tomahawk,Wisconsin!
lauren < louboo224@yahoo.com >
bridgeview, il USA - Thursday, April 25, 2002 at 11:48:40 (EST)

Hi Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I miss the Northwoods badly! California's great, the weather surely can't be beaten...but the traffic's a bummer and everything's so expensive. Anyway, I hope everyone's doing well and I'll be back around Memorial Day for a couple days.
Dana Tassler < dana.tassler@nemkona.com >
Carlsbad, CA USA - Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 19:41:20 (EST)

I just moved here and I'm trying to find work. I'm finding it is not easy. If anyone could help me with finding resources that would be great! Thanks!
Jenn < PoetryGoddess23@yahoo.com >
Tomahawk, WI USA - Monday, April 15, 2002 at 17:37:07 (EST)

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the Tomahawk area. We have heard so many good things about Tomahawk and the people there. We have 3 daughters and we live in the city. We would like to give our kids what we had when we were growing up. I'm from the UP small town life, would like to get that family closeness we had and the city seems to be starting to interfere with this. What are the job situations like in Tomahawk? My wife and I both are in the Manufacturing area of bussiness. If someone could get back to us we would be grateful. Thank-you
J.Weber < wooper@prodigy.net >
Racine, WI USA - Monday, March 25, 2002 at 16:13:21 (EST)

Does anyone know of any approved riding fields, park areas, or tracks? Naturally, I love riding in this part of northern Wisconsin on my harley, which is why I was searching this site, but I'm trying to find an open area where my boys can ride their dirt bike to gain more experience on his NEW bike (not first)--but we like to supervise, so we're not looking for a trail...too young (11 & 15) to 'take off' on their own. Going up soon (4/13 & 4/20). Ro
RoZ < hdrose@ameritech.net >
Crystal Lake, IL USA - Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:38:24 (EST)

I just love this guest book. I love Tomahawk. I loved camping in Bradley Park as a kid in the 50's and 60's with my family. I sure wish the park would re-open so I could bring my kids, now grown there to camp. We used to rent our fishing boat at Lake Ice from Leon and Florence. Remember those days? We shopped at Nelson's when it was just a small store and go to Ben Franklin for odds and ends. I used to love seeing the Log Cabin Chamber of Commerce when it was by Ben Franklin. We used to wash our clothes in the laundry mat behind Ben Franklin's. Oh yeah. Remember A & W? Great BBQ and root beer in heavy glass mugs and the car hops. Tomahwak was better when it was young, but there always has to be growth.
Lynn
Chicago, Il USA - Sunday, March 17, 2002 at 01:29:49 (EST)

Wanted to thank all our friends for their prayers and thoughts during Deli Sue's illness.
Rita Butkiewicz Wilson < rita.wilson@us.yokogawa.com >
Newnan, GA USA - Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 11:27:07 (EST)

We are from the class of 1943 "Wife was Jacque johnson'. Her father built DEER TRAIL LODGE on lake Nokomis and was the Original owner. My father had the (HUDSON car dealership) on Tomahawk ave. Across from the old postoffice. My wife and I moved from the Tomahawk area in 1963 and went on to bigger and better things We would love to hear from classmates of 42,43,44,45 tojac@netnet.net
Tony& Jacque Smith < tojac2@netnet.net  (remove the 2 from the address to send) >
Menasha, Wi USA - Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 07:15:09 (EST)

Hi Everyone! Is the wild and rowdy class of 1977 having a class reunion this summer? When? Where? I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJ mentioned he had taken his boys to play hockey in Tomahawk over the weekend. Man! That brought back some memories of us (Kluball, Kathy Kahle, Kathy Johnson, Tammy, Peggy, Joy) at the ice skating rink. I try not to remember when Al Pal fell on me playing ice tag and sprained my ankle though. :) It's fine now, Al, really. Hope to hear from someone soon so I can make reservations for this summer.
Nancy Gerdt (Norlander) < cgerdt@new.rr.com >
Menominee, MI USA - Monday, March 04, 2002 at 23:28:03 (EST)

Thank you for publishing your great newspaper online. Hugs and Kisses to our Granddaughter Alyssa Garske.
Lin Clark <LinBClark >
Jackson, MS USA - Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 11:50:13 (EST)

Just want to congratulate the THS wrestlers on their fine performances at State. How wonderful for them - especially Zach! Always good to hear upbeat, positive news from back home. Again Congratulation from Laughlin, NV!! The Leggetts
Judy Leggett < jleggs@laughlin.net >
Laughlin, NV USA - Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 10:20:13 (EST)

1983 was a long time ago.What ever happened to Sue Bushar,The Cavett boys,The Kurth boys&girls,Joni Loomis,sher would like to here from any of you burnouts from late 70s early 80s.How about Joe Herring ITS ME BOB C.
R. Cis < bob@acronet.net >
KENOSHA, WI USA - Monday, February 25, 2002 at 22:49:35 (EST)

I am looking for information about my grandparents who once lived in Tomahawk in the 40's. My grandmothers name was Agnes Mitchell (Lucas)and my grandfathers name was Oscar Forman. If you have any information for me please contact me. knt@smgazette.com.
Tammy Johnson < knt@smgazette.com >
St. Maries, Id USA - Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 16:42:34 (EST)

I love Alexx O'Hara!!! and who are u theresa???? e-mail me back!
Gretchen Barttelt < sunnystate_gurlz2@yahoo.com >
Tomahawk, WI USA - Monday, February 18, 2002 at 11:41:03 (EST)

Class of 1967: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the date for the class reunion this summer has been changed from July 6 to July 5. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. Also, please be sure to get your address in. You can e-mail it to us. Tim & Kris Herman
Tim & Kris Herman < tag@newnorth.net >
Tomahawk, WI USA - Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 21:47:56 (EST)

Class of 1967: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the date for the class reunion this summer has been changed from July 6 to July 5. Sorry if this causes any convenience. Also, please be sure to get your address in. You can e-mail it to us. Tim & Kris Herman
Tomahawk, WI USA - Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 21:47:03 (EST)

The class of 1967 is looking for addresses for the following classmates: Tammy Campbell, Art Crowell, Betty Durand Weinwright, Teri Ellis, Cheryl Hehling, Barb (Bobbie) Hoffman, Ardell Howe Osasek, Mary Ann Irmischer, Judy Klempke Ward, Kris Koth Heidewald, Kathy Kott Urbassik, Milton Larson, Linda Luce, Don Mueller, Tom Pierce, Pat Rhode Fluharty, and Jack Strebig. Any help in locating these people would be much appreciated. You can either e-mail us the information or send it to us at W7624 Hermans Bay, Tomahawk, WI 54487. Thanks much!
Tomahawk, WI USA - Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 11:14:28 (EST)

The class of 1967 is looking for addresses for the following classmates: Tammy Campbell, Art Crowell, Betty Durand Weinwright, Teri Ellis, Cheryl Hehling, Colleen Henrich, Barb (Bobbie) Hoffman, Ardell Howe Osasek, Mary Ann Irmischer, Judy Klempke Ward, Kris Koth Heidewald, Kathy Kott Urbassik, Milton Larson, Linda Luce, Don Mueller, Tom Pierce, Pat Rhode Fluharty, and Jack Strebig. Any help in locating these people would be much appreciated. Please either e-mail us the information or send it to us at W7624 Hermans Bay Tomahawk, WI 54487
Tomahawk, WI USA - Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 11:07:08 (EST)

Bonjour de FRANCE, Since May 2001, we read each week the Tomahawk Leader on Internet. It is for us a great chance to read about what is going on in Tomahawk and its surroundings, because our daughter Lucie is spending the year by the Theiler Family as an AFS exchange student and is attending Tomahawk High School. It is a great chance for her to spend the year in Tomahawk. She also plays in the girls basketball varsity team. We were pleased to see the picture of our daughter on the Tomahawk Leader Photo Album (1/15/02 issue). We did received your copy "What's Great About Tomahawk". Thanks for all. (Merci pour tout et ? bientÙt peut-Ítre)
The Lapierre Family < jean-paul.lapierre@caissedesdepots.fr >
Paris, FRANCE - Monday, February 04, 2002 at 05:03:13 (EST)

Hello, Class of 1969. Are there plans for a reunion any time in the next few years? I'll be in Tomahawk/Marathon area over the Fourth of July and would like to see anyone who may be around.
Debbie (Smith) Shope < smithshope@hotmail.com >
Huntingdon, PA USA - Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 13:58:45 (EST)

ATTENTION: THS CLASS OF 1967 A class reunion is being planned to be held on July 6, 2002. Please send your address to one of the following: Jan & Dick Huseby 1209 E. Kings Rd. Tomahawk, WI 54487 Sis & Dave Jorgensen N10505 Wheeler Rd. Tomahawk, WI 54487 Kris & Tim Herman W7624 Hermans Bay Tomahawk, WI 54487 Mary Lee Steigerwaldt 805 E. Kings Rd. Tomahawk, WI 54487 Charlie Jarvis 602 Deer Park Dr. Tomahawk, WI 54487
Kris & Tim Herman < tag@newnorth.net >
Tomahawk, WI USA - Monday, January 28, 2002 at 11:17:50 (EST)

Hello, Hatchet Creek!! Must be about time for "The Somo", isn't it (if there's even ice there, that is)? Hate to say that we'll have to miss it again this year .... one more year that Zipp will have to go without Euchre lessons from me (reasonably priced at a buck a game and a quarter a bump)!!
Dale Bohnert < drbohnert@mmm.com >
River Falls, WI USA - Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 09:40:39 (EST)

Wish I could go back home and spend another summer in my dads old gas station and wait to see all the tourists come to town. Some great old memories on fourth and Prospect. For anyone who remembers this guy from the past please drop a line. Would love to hear from you.
Dan Durand < PDDREO@aol.com >
Oak Creek, WI USA - Friday, January 25, 2002 at 23:58:26 (EST)

I wanted to say "hello" to my mom Sandy Laine in Tripoli. Love and miss you lots, Linda
Linda Holster < LHOL331920@aol.com >
Wichita Falls, TX USA - Wednesday, January 23, 2002 at 10:40:22 (EST)