Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Hello Tomahawk. 1964 THS graduate just returned from a family visit in Hatchet Creek. While there I noticted that the Leader had a web site. Just now getting around to looking at it. Nice job Leader staff. I'll be a frequent visitor.
Ken Krueger < kkrueger@cwo.com >
Sacramento, CA USA - Wednesday, April 19, 2000 at 15:27:49 (EDT)

Thanks
Kaspar Ondrej < kaspar.v@volny.cz >
Nechanice, CZ Czech republic - Monday, April 17, 2000 at 16:52:51 (EDT)

I stopped in a couple years ago and did not put my email in . I've spent summers up in the Northwoods since I was a baby and now bring my kids up. My brother and I stormed Lake Allis two years ago and partied with Chuck and Maryanne from Rivers Edge. Will be back in a few months. Love you all-my favorite place in the world!
John Russell, Jr. < johnrussell@mediaone.net >
Elmhurst, IL USA - Tuesday, April 11, 2000 at 21:36:19 (EDT)

Hello everybody in Tomahawk, WI.!!! I just want everybody to know that Dana Tassler, Sara Adams, and Stacy Schiltz are good friends of mine and that they are tearing up Sunny Southern California. Take it easy.
Timothy McCoy < mccoy_tr@hotmail.com >
Carlsbad, CA USA - Sunday, April 02, 2000 at 23:41:26 (EDT)

Surfing the internet and what a surprise to find the Tomahawk Leader on the internet. It certainly something that you all can be proud of as it is one of the best I haveseen. Wanchese is a small fishing village located on the Outer Banks. We have a stained glass studio and gift shop named NICK-E. It is our retirement endeavor and very enjoyable. It was nice to read about things in Tomahawk and see names that I remember. I imagine that they are children and Grandchildren of the people I knew. Keep up the good work and I will be back to your cite again soon.
Robert Nick < nick-e@beachlink.com >
Wanchese , NC USA - Wednesday, March 29, 2000 at 21:08:27 (EST)

Wow, I really can't believe that I've been away from Tomahawk for almost nine years! Just got out of the Marines but am staying out here for a while. Hope to hear from anyone that I spent my crazy, drunken teenage years with!
Dana Tassler < bigtass@yahoo.com >
Carlsbad, CA USA - Tuesday, March 21, 2000 at 23:23:04 (EST)

Greetings! Anybody on line from the Class of '72? Only 2 years left until our 30th! Working on it? Would appreciate hearing from you all! AKA Zachary Taylor
Pam Boykin < Ptboykin@couriernet.infi.net >
Louisville, KY USA - Sunday, March 19, 2000 at 18:47:01 (EST)

Geetings from LALA Land (LA, CA). I was born and raised in Tomahawk. Graduated from THS in'57 and moved away to go to college. I have many fond memories and good friends in the area. I brought my wife to Tomahawk several years ago for a short visit and she loved it. So we are coming back this summer for Yesterfest to renew aquaintences. Look forward to a GT.
Bill Amend < billybob@flash.net >
San Pedro, CA USA - Saturday, March 11, 2000 at 13:31:30 (EST)

Hello from K-Town! Been fishin up on the river for 20 + years. Hope to get up this weekend and fish scoopbay,if you don't get to much snow Jake
jake < jrs5@execpc.com >
kenosha, wi USA - Thursday, March 09, 2000 at 11:36:01 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk. What a wonderful way to find out what is going on in my favorite Northwoods city. My Dad (Hank Mitchell) loved living up north - fishing and hunting. He passed away 2 years ago & I still miss him greatly. My Mom is alive and well, working at the Community Bank - so if you go in there - say hi to Bernice from Barb. Thanks for the wonderful access to this quiet little place Mom now calls home.
Barb (Mitchell) Ackeret < BAck923362@aol.com >
Saukville, WI USA - Monday, February 28, 2000 at 08:19:25 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk, I am in chicago showing my sister your homepage we are both from there and our father is a resident,I am visiting and I am getting ready to go back up north in gods country. Have a great day and thanks for the page
Michael Hanke < saintmichael4u >
chippewa falls, wi USA - Monday, February 21, 2000 at 12:27:02 (EST)

To Chuck Crass, When is the next class reunion for the class of 1947? Hi Sambo are you out there? Contact The greatest hunter in the Northwoods at maxie@hitter.net Blair Thompson
Blair Thompson < maxie@hitter.net >
St Pete , FL USA - Sunday, February 20, 2000 at 16:56:27 (EST)

Hello everybody!!! I thought I schould write you guys. I had a great time in Tomahawk. Maybe I'll be back in summer.
Marcel Alesi < ester.alesi@t-online.de >
Gruibingen, Germany - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 08:43:15 (EST)

My wife's maden name is Raab. Her ancestors settled in Tomahawk, from Austria, and her father moved to the 'big city' of Detroit to find fame and fortune. He started as a cabbie and ended up an owner of a grinding shop. John is now 82 and hasn't slowed down yet. We visited there in the early 80's and loved the place... Later think spring!!!
Fred Buike < lunatic1@prodigy.net >
Shelby Twp, mi USA - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 00:42:26 (EST)

My wife's maden name is Raab. Her ancestors settled in Tomahawk, from Austria,and her father moved to the 'big city' of Detroit to find fame and fortune. He started as a cabbie and ended up an owner of a grinding shop. John is mow 82 and hasn't slowed down yet. We visited there in the early 80's and loved the place... Later think spring!!!
Fred Buike < lunatic1@prodigy.net >
Shelby Twp, mi USA - Friday, February 18, 2000 at 00:41:57 (EST)

Hi from a Hatchet Creek "gonna be"! 4 more years as a snowbird before I can come to stay. Meanwhile, any friends/neighbors from the Rapel Rd area on Nokomis....drop me a line. Can't start too soon gettin' acquainted with my new neighbors to be. C'mon Spring......PLEEEEEEZ !
Jim Kindler < lionjimk@yahoo.com >
Waukesha, WI USA - Wednesday, February 16, 2000 at 20:50:17 (EST)

Like many others who signed I'm a native of Tomahawk. I decided to move south 4 years ago. And although I have been able to enjoy the warm weather of AZ and TX I may be deemed insane becuase I miss the snow and cold in Tomahawk. :)
Stacy Schiltz < lknokomis@yahoo.com >
Houston, TX USA - Tuesday, February 15, 2000 at 22:51:07 (EST)

Wonder how many of my classmates are still with us on planet earth?
Maxine Thompson Lemke < maxie@hitter.net >
Inverness, FL USA - Monday, February 14, 2000 at 18:56:33 (EST)

Love the website! It's great to keep up on the events in Tomahawk where I still have friends & family. I grew up in Tomahawk, graduated in '95, and now reside in sunny So. CA. Please feel free to e-mail me!
Sara D. Adams < adams@eesi.com >
San Diego, CA USA - Thursday, February 10, 2000 at 16:14:00 (EST)

Well, man. I couldn't even get it right the second time. Here's that E-Mail address again in case anyone's interested.
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q47 >
Hutto, TX USA - Monday, February 07, 2000 at 16:58:32 (EST)

Well, guess I'll join the club of others who didn't know how to enter their E-Mail address. Let's try it this time and hope I did it right. Bye!
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q@aol.com >
Hutto, TX USA - Saturday, February 05, 2000 at 17:23:28 (EST)

Hi, y'all! We just got on line and I'm green as grass about this, but the first place I wanted to see was the Tomahawk Leader. Then I found the guestbook. What a great idea! Maybe I can rattle the woods and shake out some of the class of '65 and thereabouts. How about you, Lee Ann, Phyllis, Hal, Jerry, and all you "Bradley kids". Would love to hear from any/all of you. Like I said, I'm really green at this, but I'll learn. Love reading about Tomahawk. Now I can keep in touch. In case anyone wonders, Hutto is just outside Austin.
Elaine Gill Wheeler < susie2q >
Hutto, TX USA - Saturday, February 05, 2000 at 17:21:22 (EST)

Just wanted to say hello to all my friends and family back home!! Hope your living it up on the snowmobile trails!! I know I would be!! Hope everyone has a good year and I will hopefully get some vacation time to see you all soon!!
Sonia Reichelt < sonialee_1@excite.com >
Fairborn, OH USA - Tuesday, February 01, 2000 at 08:57:23 (EST)

Just want to say hi to everyone I knew there. Drop a line to me sometime.
Kathy Jackson < k.bj@prodigy.com >
S. Gardiner, ME USA - Monday, January 31, 2000 at 18:47:33 (EST)

I've noted the ice depth on the trails report, but can someone tell me what the water/ice level in on Lake Nokomis. Last spring/summer/fall it ranged from well into the boat houses to as much as 4-6 feet down. Was the water low before it froze over? Were weedbeds along the shore exposed before cold weather? I'm curious about the likely effect upon my friend Mel Miller's dock. His place is on Rapel Rd. just across the lake from the dam. Thanks.
Robert J.Doolittle < rjdoo@webzone.net >
Tulsa, OK USA - Thursday, January 27, 2000 at 20:28:21 (EST)

What a great web site and perfect way for those of us out of state to keep up with what's going on in the Home Town. Hi Alexis & Cody!
Lori Pierce
Oklahoma City , OK USA - Thursday, January 27, 2000 at 15:40:38 (EST)

I'm another one of those "spent all my childhood summers... and now I bring my own daughter..." Although our family place is in Irma, Tomahawk is my favorite. It will probably be another 20 years, but I'll be up there to live permanently when I retire. I couldn't live without the peace of mind Wisconsin gives me "North of the Tension Zone" Help Girls Grow Strong -- Buy Girl Scout Cookies!!!!! (I have an earlier listing in the Guestbook, but I now have a new e-mail address.)
Laura Stream Wijkowski < laurasw@flash.net >
Chickasha, OK USA - Wednesday, January 26, 2000 at 19:27:16 (EST)

Member of High School graduation class of 1941. Hi to classmates. You can contact me at above e-mail address. Best Wishes Maxine
Maxine Thompson Lemke < maxie@hitter.net >
Inverness, FL USA - Tuesday, January 18, 2000 at 11:53:17 (EST)

Greetings from the Valley of the Sun- have lived here in Arizona for six years, moved from Chicago to Tripoli and now here - Graduated from Tripoli High in l943 - Would love to hear from old friends and classmates!!
Agnes H. Hegber (Mantyla) < sauna2000@hotmail.com >
Glendale, Az USA - Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 16:11:40 (EST)

From the valley of the sun - am looking for old friends and neighbors - have lived here for six years and moved from Chicago to Tripoli and now Arizona. Was born and raised in Tripoli and attended schools there - graduating in l943.Write me!!!
Agnes H. Hegber (Mantyla) < sauna2000@hotmail.com >
Glendale , Az USA - Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 16:06:46 (EST)

Happy New Year!! All is good here. Hope everything went smoothly wherever you are. Have a peaceful Y2K!!
Josh Karl < mohawksin@aol.com >
Omaha, NE USA - Saturday, January 01, 2000 at 04:46:35 (EST)