Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
What a neat website. A way for me to keep up on what's happening in the town where I 'grew up' Wasn't born there but moved in '72 and started school there my Freshman year. A few really good friends. Some I should stay in better touch with but never seem to find the time when I'm up there Hey Bruce & Brian, hunting season is open, lets float the Spirit and freeze our patooties off. Hi Jeff & Sunnie, Beth & Tom, why didn't you tell me about this site. Jeff, see you next weekend, flip you for the 'hole in the wall' blind
Dave Mercier < dmercie@aol.com >
green bay, wi USA - Saturday, October 07, 2000 at 11:51:03 (EST)

THANK YOU THAMAHOWK LEADER (Guestbook) I ask for contact with 69'er. Gigi Kahn (thank's to her mother) contaced me, also "my sister" Youlie McKinley and Larry Howard. What's about Charlotte Renn, Lance Polege, Frank Hinterleitner, Rick and his wonderfull family. Picco
Richard Miklas (Picco) < Miklas@Miklas-Weber.de >
Braunschweig, Braunschweig Germany - Monday, October 02, 2000 at 14:43:43 (EST)

Hello to the class of '86 if your out there! Been all over in the last 12 or so years but you never forget your hometown. I had a very nice visit there about four years ago and was happy to see that somethings had'nt changed. hoping to go back and stay awile on Half Moon Lake - it was such a wonderful place to grow up. As far as the class of '86 goes - I hope your all doin' great. I'll never forget our graduation bash!
Trisha < Wbtrinty@aol.com >
Dunnellon, FL USA - Saturday, September 30, 2000 at 01:13:59 (EST)

I love Tomahawk! I have been coming to Wisconsin on motorcycle trips since the mid seventies. In 1997 I made my first trip to Tomahawk for the fall ride and have been back every year since. The area is beautiful, the rodes great to ride and the people are friendly and warm. I have been to Sturgis and Daytona for their bike weeks and as far as I am concerned Tomahawk is by far the best. I heard a rumor from some of the locals that I have become friends with, that the event may grow to a full week. I would love that although by the end of the 3 days I spend there, I'm exhausted. A full week may kill but, I would die happy. We all enjoy the event, area and especially the people, thanks for having us. Till next year, Bill
Bill Cary < BikrBill@hotmail.com >
Lockport, Il USA - Friday, September 22, 2000 at 20:39:37 (EST)

BEEN RIDING FOR THIRTY YEARS AND HAD NEVER ATTENDED THE OPEN HOUSE. WENT THIS YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME AND TOTALLY ENJOYED IT! I WAS WITH SOME RIDING BUDDIES OF MINE, AND WILL DEFINETLY PUT IT ON MY CALENDAR FOR NEXT YEAR! THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!
BILL LIEBETRAU < scootertramp@qtm.net >
BUCHANAN, , MI USA - Monday, September 18, 2000 at 11:35:59 (EST)

I am looking for anyone who has been at Squaw Lake, WI in Lincoln County on County A. We stayed several times in the early 1950's at Wilson's Resort. This was located on the northwest side of the lake. Anyone with information, please contact me. Thank you.
Tom Smith < MTACRES1@aol.com >
Poplar Grove, IL USA - Wednesday, September 13, 2000 at 21:20:04 (EST)

Hi from Gigi Kahn-Bowles. You can reach us in St. Augustine, Florida now, and we'll be back in Tomahawk next summer. Greetings to Tomahawkians everywhere.
Gigi Kahn-Bowles < twobowles1@earthlink.net >
St. Augustine, FL USA - Saturday, September 09, 2000 at 14:58:15 (EST)

Hi, I am a 69er. I was a forign exchange student at kwahamot high school and had a lot of fun. I would be very happy if someone who knows me will contact me. Can anyone tell me where I can contact Gigi Kahn??? See you Richard
Richard Miklas < Miklas@Miklas-Weber.de >
Braunschweig, Germany - Friday, September 08, 2000 at 05:45:04 (EST)

Spent some time with the French in New Orleans Labor Day weekend... I know the reason for the stereotype as to why "southerners" move so slow. It's so they don't break a sweat standing still in 111 degrees of heat. Still hot in Houston- 110. To all my family in Tomahawk... PLEASE SEND SNOW.... NOW!!!!
Stacy Schiltz < lknokomis@Yahoo.com >
New Orleans, LA USA - Tuesday, September 05, 2000 at 23:49:46 (EST)

Hello to the class of 1980.
Jeff E.
Houston, Tx USA - Friday, September 01, 2000 at 23:41:50 (EST)

August 31; 107 degrees in Houston.. the hottest city in theUnited States. PLEASE SEND SNOW!!!!
Stacy < lknokomis@yahoo.com >
Houston, TX USA - Thursday, August 31, 2000 at 23:30:25 (EST)

I STAYED AT PINE POINTE RESORT ON LAKE ALICE THE WEEK OF 8/19 AND MET THE NEW OWNERS TERRY AND RHONDA. WELCOME TO THE NORTHWOODS! GINA,MIKE AND I ENJOYED OUR STAY,AS USUAL. THEY ARE NOW SERVING FOOD AND HAVE THE BIGGEST,TASTEY HAMBURGER IN TOWN! IF THE LOCALS DON'T GO OUT THERE AND HAVE ONE YOUR MISSING A GREAT MEAL. I WOULD LIKE TO WISH TERRY AND HIS FAMILY GOOD LUCK IN THEIR NEW ADVENTURE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO WISH GOOD LUCK THE PREVIOUS OWNERS,BARRY AND EARL, YOU WILL BE MISSED. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE KINDNESS AND GREAT TIMES OVER THE YEARS. SEE YA' AT PINE POINTE!
JERRY RAMIREZ < cicerojerry@netscape.net >
CICERO, IL USA - Wednesday, August 30, 2000 at 09:01:57 (EST)

Hello, Tomahawk! Just wanted to say that last weekend (for the second year in a row) I traveled down to Mile High Stadium to see our beloved Packers beaten by those nefarious Denver Broncos (no one here ever lets me live down or forget that Super Bowl defeat). Although the weather was hot and the outcome of the game most unfortunate, I can honestly say that the Wisconsin hospitality was as great as ever. I met many wonderful people from Wisconsin tailgating in the parking lot and they were all willing to share brats and beer once they found out I was a fellow native Wisconsinite. We were all easy to recogninze with our Cheeseheads. I can't say we recreated the Lambeau atmosphere at the Mile High, but we did our best. It's just great that no matter where you go, Wisconsin people seem to be universally friendly and giving. That's all for now. I just hope that next year the Broncos have to go play in Green Bay...in December!!!
Steve Rehse <rehse@lamar.colostate.edu >
Fort Collins, CO USA - Thursday, August 17, 2000 at 12:49:57 (EST)

Hi just a short note to say i miss Tomahawk. We are currently living in Las Vegas, but plan to leave here in early 2000. Just thought I would say hi and thank you for putting the Leader on the net. Maybe after we move to Indiana we will be able to cme there on a vacation.
Bruce E Sanders < b357@webtv.net >
Las Vegas, Nv USA - Wednesday, August 16, 2000 at 15:23:46 (EST)

Just recently I moved to South Dakota. I have been here for 3 weeks and I miss Tomahawk so much!! I have lived in Tomahawk since I was born. I have always been a suker for traveling and I was very excited to move to South Dakota. Now that I have I want to move back. I really miss all the little things: the fresh smell, the quietness, the freindly people, my family, and All my friends.You really don't know what you have till it's gone. Hopefully I will be back for a visit soon. Miss you ALL!
Sara Ann Roberts
Ellsworth AFB, SD USA - Thursday, July 20, 2000 at 14:46:50 (EST)

July 18, 2000 It is 106 degrees in Tucson Arizona and thoughts of Tomahawk certainly settle in. Wish I was up there now with the crowd on Manson lake or running around any other part of Northern Wisconsin as I did as a 1950's youth. Does anyone remember Towerhill? The Wisconsin visit is going to be late this year. Have a 45th High School reunion in Wausau September 8-9 and would you believe a reunion of the group that grew up on Enterprise Lake the same weekend. It is going to be busy and very exciting. I will arrive late in August, stay until about the 10th of September, photographing everything in sight during that time, hit the Bridge for a cool one ocassionally (is Andy still the owner?)and head for family on the West Coast before returning to Tucson. Does anyone in Tomahawk remember the Admiral Bar in Wausau? It was my Father's (Clyde Weir) establishment until 1960 when the Wausau Docs suggested he head for Arizona for my Mother's health. I certainly will visit the Admiral while in the area. Check in (major78@aol.com) if you like. It is a pleasure to talk to the Wisconsin people and check out my side line at www.thearizonaphotographer.com to see what a retired Air Force Pilot does in Arizona with his spare time. Any one have a suggestion on where I can rent a boat and motor for some musky fishing while in the area? James Weir Major USAF Ret 520 760-3340 520 850-6321 cel
James Weir <major78@aol.com >
Tucson, AZ USA - Tuesday, July 18, 2000 at 16:12:32 (EST)

My Mother and Father had put such hard work into planning my husband and my wedding that I just wanted to say Thank You. Since we are both stationed in Georgia, it was harder for me to organize the wedding. My Mother stepped in and did a wonderful job planning, organinzing, and making sure it went off with a bang. I couldn't have done it without them. Being a Tomahawk native it was such a pleasure to get married in my home town with friends and family that I know.
Linda Souza (Soward) < dolphin1@surfsouth.com >
aldosta, GA USA - Wednesday, July 12, 2000 at 20:22:45 (EST)