Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
Hello from the Circulation Director at the Rhinelander Daily News! My fiancee and I had a unique experience this last weekend (July 9) when we sorta rescued a syndicated outdoor columnist (who writes for the Leader as well as other newspapers throughout Wis and Mich). We happened to be canoeing on the Willow Flowage and probably only the persons in sight within a 20 mile radius when we spotted reporter/writer Mark Walters having trouble with his boat and car. After the big storm, his car was somewhat submerged at the boat landing and stuck and he was having trouble getting his car out of the water, much less his boat, which motor had died. We spent over an hour digging him out and it's a good thing we were around to help as there was not another soul in sight. He said it was one of those weekends where everything went wrong, including the boat motor dying, his camera breaking and his four wheel drive in his car going out. Needless to say, Mark was extremely grateful for our help as he was stuck 15 miles from the highway and nearest help. Mark plans on writing a column about his experience and he writes for the Leader as well as many other newspapers throughout Wisconsin and Michigan.......P.S. Have lots of itching from mosquito bites? There is a natural plant called jewelweed out there that is better than any product you will find on the shelves in stores to cure that itch! For local and national news go to our new website at www.rhinelanderdailynews.com
Helen Spallas < hspallus@pulitzer.net >
Rhinelander, WI USA - Monday, July 10, 2000 at 21:11:39 (EST)

Spent a week in Tomahawk in June.I looked for my old teacher Mrs. Lavers at the Kindergaten. Some people did a lot of work, It looks great! I guess I was in the class of 41.I had a very nice talk about aircraft with MR Loyd Koth it was men like him that brought us through those war years,and we should remember on this 4th of July.Keep the silver side up Loyd. T/sgt Richard Hufschmid USAF(ret)
Richard M. Hufschmid Sr. < www.olshakey124@aol.com >
Orlando, FL USA - Tuesday, July 04, 2000 at 01:19:44 (EST)

My grandfather, Michael Galek, moved to Tomahawk from Poland around 1913. My father, Louis, was born there in 1915. They moved to NYS in the 20's and never went back, although my father always talked fondly of his memories of the area and always wanted to return for a visit. My father is deceased now, but I continue to be interested in researching my father's roots. I was thrilled to find this site and would like to visit the area someday.
Teresa Galek < dsscase@yahoo.com >
Dundee, NY USA - Sunday, July 02, 2000 at 19:11:24 (EST)

I enjoy coming to the web site every Tuesday to catch us on the news in my "old" hometown. I have been gone almost 20 years (in the Air Force), but still recognize many of the names. Maybe when I retire in 6 months, I will be able to physically visit more often. Of course, I still hear all the "breaking" news from my mom, Bettie Ecklund, or sister, Julie Garfield.
Carla (Ecklund) Fickett < carla.fickett@scott.af.mil >
Fairview Heights, IL USA - Tuesday, June 20, 2000 at 18:30:43 (EST)

ALOHA,anyone who would like to keep in contact with us we would love to hear from you. Come visit us in the winter. Still have fond memories of all our friends and family in Tomahawk. Miss all of you, and the lakes and 4 of July and many more things. Come and enjoy the aloha Hawaii has waiting for you. Bill and Melody Wurl.
Bill Wurl < wmurl@aol.com >
Waikoloa, hi USA - Sunday, June 18, 2000 at 19:25:54 (EST)

OOPs! Wyoming not Wisconsin. Must miss home!
Beth Staub (Repinski) < eprs_OO@yahoo.com >
Cheyenne, WY USA - Sunday, May 28, 2000 at 00:44:53 (EST)

Hello to my home town. Found your sight and will be so happy to keep up with the happenings. Hi to my family and friends.
Beth Staub (Repinski) < eprs_OO@yahoo.com >
Cheyenne, WI USA - Sunday, May 28, 2000 at 00:43:37 (EST)

ATTENTION CLASS OF 1990!!! 10 YEARS!! it's time for our reunification party---Saturday, July 1st at Bradley Park (5pm-?). We are currently working on sending out formal invites but are in the process of searching for a few more addresses. Anyone reading this that still has parents living in the hawk, check with them, your invite might show up there. Otherwise, please contact me via email and let me know if you plan to attend and how many people you'll bring. We (the class) will provide beverages and food for all attendees. We also plan to have a microphone (if anyone needs to vent), some music, and a volleyball net. Feel free to bring any other (legal) recreational devices you see fit. come celebrate 10 good years and share stories of how your illustrious lives and careers have been enhanced (or hindered) by the years at THS. make sure to spread the word to any of our long-lost class mates. I sincerely hope we have a good turn-out for this party---we've got a great mixture of interesting people in our class and I know we'll have lots to talk about. See you on JULY 1st! ps--feel free to contact me w/ questions/comments/suggestions/whatever.
Tom Shockley < shockts@yahoo.com >
madison, WI USA - Tuesday, May 23, 2000 at 16:13:12 (EST)

I am a ExTomahawker,But when I come to visit I still say I am going home.I am new to the net and I like your web page a lot. keep up the good work. Dick Hufschmid
RICHARD {SNUFFY) HUFSCHMID < OLSHAKEY124@aol.com >
ORLANDO, FL USA - Sunday, May 14, 2000 at 22:56:48 (EST)

I think it is a shame that the only reference to the "Ogema" area of wisconsin using 'webferret'as a search engine, is found on 'eurosearch'... Looking forward to blacksmithing at the "bears Inn" this first weekend in June (for those in Tomahawk), Come on out an' have a looksee.
granpaw
USA - Saturday, May 13, 2000 at 08:47:38 (EST)

I just wanted to say Hey Tomahawk! I'm a class of '99 graduate, been living in California now since last summer. Even though I love it here, I can't wait to go back home for the 4th of July. I miss you all!!
Jennifer Wyles < onzriu@aol.com >
Monterey, CA USA - Sunday, April 30, 2000 at 15:03:36 (EST)

hello tomahawk ive been reading all the letters from the people and tomahawk sounds like a great place to live anybody moving sell me your house cuz i want to live there it sounds like people from all over the world have lived in or have visted tomahawk sounds execellent
greg mashuda < gmmashuda@WEBTV.com >
kenosha, wi USA - Sunday, April 30, 2000 at 09:34:24 (EST)

Anyone out there from the class of 86?
Robert < raj68@yahoo.com >
USA - Friday, April 28, 2000 at 12:37:28 (EST)

Hello will be up in a few weeks to go fishing. Can't wait.
Samuel Suprak < Sharkmans3@mia.net >
Burlington, WI USA - Saturday, April 22, 2000 at 09:39:11 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk: If you see Butch and Marlene Bowers tell them John and Peg Pitcher said hello. We met the Bowers over the winter in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. If they are representative of people who live in your community, you should consider yourself blessed. We hope to visit your fine community some day. In the meantime encourage Butch and Marline to get online and get email.
John and Peg Pitcher < JPpitcher98@yahoo.com >
Dansville, NY USA - Friday, April 21, 2000 at 15:50:20 (EST)