Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
My cousin Kathy gave me this URL to visit and see the HD pictures. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Eric Stelter
CO USA - Monday, September 27, 1999 at 13:20:42 (EDT)

Would like to here from anyone who knew my grandparents,"Don Scott" and who knew my mom ,"LeahJeanScottMartin"
Matthew Martin < Mauto@pacbell.net >
Chula Vista, CA USA - Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 23:42:05 (EDT)

found this by accident love the paper will access it on a regular basis
bob tatlow < ratlow1@yahoo'com >
reading , england - Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 15:43:11 (EDT)

I have a book I look at quite often, has the name KWAHAMOT '75 on the cover. If anyone recognizes the name, let me know. Thanks............
C arl Folz < clandbj@aol.com >
San Antonio, Tx USA - Wednesday, September 22, 1999 at 15:08:29 (EDT)

This summer i met Sara Dahl and this site helps me fimd out more of where she is from.
Corey LaDuke < coreyladuke@hotmail.com >
Ketchikan, AK USA - Sunday, September 19, 1999 at 22:07:15 (EDT)

I spent many summers in Tomahawk and look forward to coming back and visiting as often as I can. My grandparents were Esther and Everett Myers. He was one of the many "E" Myers that were born and raised in Tomahawk by his parents, Charles and Sarah Myers. I do a lot of research into genealogy and have many, many relatives still living in Tomahawk and the surrounding areas. I would love to hear from someone who knew of any of the Myers' children. My grand-uncle, Elvie Myers was, back in the 1940's, Tomahawk's only photographer. He operated Myers Studio. So, as you can see, I have roots here. And, as anyone who has ever been to Tomahawk, can say, the scenery is outstanding, the people are always friendly and outgoing and a visitor is always welcomed as a friend.
Sharon Dugan < Sharon@goPhotoArts.com >
Pardeeville, WI USA - Sunday, September 19, 1999 at 12:06:17 (EDT)

i just love the newspaper, i read it every tuesday and i love the sports pictures!!!!!!!!!!
sara dahl < sarajean@hotmail.com >
tomahawk, wi USA - Thursday, September 16, 1999 at 16:23:32 (EDT)

Want to say hello to my family & friends in Tomahawk. I haven't been back for several years. Say hello to Jeannie for me. Terri
Terri Phillips < terri.phillips@offutt.af.mil >
Bellevue, NE USA - Tuesday, September 14, 1999 at 16:32:21 (EST)

I am searching for info on my family history. My mom (JEAN CULP) was born in Tomahawk in 1936, her father was TEDDY CULP and mother was ELSIE DORA (MOLZEN) CULP. Teddy's father was JOHN CULP originally from Indiana, he owned property in Tomahawk in the 1930's. Two of my mom's sisters drowned in Spirit River in the late thirties. Can anybody help with information? Thanks!
Cindy Peterson < puttputt@gateway.net >
Santa Rosa, CA USA - Wednesday, September 08, 1999 at 19:44:07 (EST)

It was May the 18th I last time checked up this URL. Now the mapquest worked otu properly and the album showed beatufil pictures. Surely I will wandeer there one day. Bye.
Juhani Nyström < jnystrom@bigfoot.com >
Porvoo, Finland - Sunday, September 05, 1999 at 09:42:30 (EST)

My family has spent many wonderful summers in Tomahawk. I am looking forward to moving to Tomahawk when I retire and being active in St. Paul's Lutheran Church. Living in Tomahawk will be heavenly.
Joe & Gerri Story < joestory@one.net >
Fairfield, OH USA - Tuesday, August 17, 1999 at 15:50:43 (EST)

Great town. We visit every summer. I always look forward to seeing my inlaws DW&Deloros Young and Ruthie Rinne. also love to fish.
Larry Jacobsen < NJACOBSENL@AOL.com >
Davenport, Ia USA - Monday, August 16, 1999 at 11:51:39 (EST)

wõw,,Í also spent my summers up there ,, as it seems lots of others did too Tomahawk is # 1 in my book and i plan on stopping in at pÍK's ® tavern on the main DRAG "Best spot in town" Hey Kip wake up!!! did ya here that!!! lol and Hï to all other that remember me, see ya in the fall so get ready,,, "the boys are back in town!!!! "thin lizzy"
Steve Walsh <xybeptuvk@earthlink.net >
Chicago, il USA - Monday, August 09, 1999 at 06:00:52 (EST)

Greetings to Kathy and Larry (and family) from drought-stricken Maryland. Please send water -- I know you have lots to spare! Love the website -- Kerry did a great job. Hope to see you both in Madison this fall!
Betsy Alexander < balexander@howardcc.edu >
Columbia, MMmd USA - Wednesday, August 04, 1999 at 10:49:19 (EST)

Great site. Spent a lot of time during the 70's in Tomahawk and would enjoy hearing from friends that I have lost touch with. Keep up the good work on this site!!!
Gary Magnant < gmagnant@hotmail.com >
Waupaca, WI USA - Saturday, July 31, 1999 at 23:56:01 (EST)

How wonderful to find the Leader online. I grew up in Tomahawk (class of 73) and are one of those who couldn't wait to get out of town and have spent all their life trying to get back. My husband and I plan on retiring to the area in approximately 3-4 years. Can't wait!
Shirley Strache (Schiltz) < mrsstrache@aol.com >
Lynwood, IL USA - Friday, July 30, 1999 at 20:39:32 (EST)

Just read the article on your web site about the Power Up Wisconsin project. If you aren't too happy about this project you may want to contact a group that feels like you, S.O.U.L (Save our Unique Lands), PO Box 171, Catawba, WI 54515. You can e-mail also and be informed of meeting dates. Thanks
Linda Ceylor < hillside@centuryinter.net >
Catawba, WI USA - Thursday, July 29, 1999 at 16:54:37 (EST)

I like being able to keep a bit informed on the happenings in the Tomahawk area. It would be nice to have the full text of the articles and columns that appear in the Leader though for those of us who don't get a chance to get up there every week or don't care to keep a stack of previous issues of the Leader piled up to the ceiling.
Mike Polinske < mpolinsk@execpc.com >
Milwaukee, WI USA - Sunday, July 25, 1999 at 22:08:12 (EST)

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IT IS GREAT BEING ABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS IN THE WONDERFUL TOWN OF TOMAHAWK THROUGH THIS WEB SITE AND THROUGH THE LEADER ITSELF! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Stephanie Frank (Post) < STEPHANIEFRANK@YAHOO.COM >
FORT WORTH, TX USA - Thursday, July 22, 1999 at 12:38:36 (EST)

I AM JUST IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING TO TOMAHAWK AND WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE LEADER AS YOUR CLASSIFIED ADS ONLINE WERE VERY HELPFUL IN FINDING HOUSING.
BRIAN SCHMIDT <SCHMIDT@OLS-INC.COM >
TOMAHAWK, WI USA - Monday, July 19, 1999 at 19:31:56 (EST)

My Thanks to KERRY for the fine and informative Web Page. Hi to Larry and Kathy - Keep up the great work in the Tomahawk Community. When you see Dave R. tell him to hang in there all this crap will pass too! Your Friend, Sherm
Sherm Iverson < sfi@werewolf.net >
Eau Claire , Wi USA - Monday, July 12, 1999 at 15:06:39 (EST)

hallo, ich komme aus Deutschland und wohne in Speyer und bin einmal im Jahr in Tomahawk bei meiner Schwester Inge Austin. Ich liebe Tomahawk und freue mich schon auf den 18 Dezember dieses Jahr, denn dann bleibe ich 4 Wochen wieder in Wisconsin/Tomawak über Weihnachten und Neujahr in der USA Liebe Grüße aus Speyer Karl Heinz Winterbauer
Karl Heinz Winterbauer < Hexel94 >
Speyer, BD Deutschland - Saturday, July 10, 1999 at 06:41:59 (EST)

What a great website! My family and I will be in Tomahawk again this year for the 4th. It is the one vacation that is set in stone every year. Occasionally we contemplate staying in the LaCrosse area and going to Riverfest instead, but nothing ever comes close the fun of being in Tomahawk on July 4th! It took until I married and moved away (to LA in 1988) to realize how very lucky I was to have grown up in Tomahawk. See you at the kids' running races at Memorial Park, and watch out-my girls are fierce competition!
Anita (Morren) Jagodzinski < jagani@mail.holmen.k12.wi.us >
Holmen, WI USA - Wednesday, June 30, 1999 at 22:19:54 (EST)

I'm enjoying Tomahawk Website. Graduated in 63'. Maiden name: Horni. Would love to hear from former class mates.
Nancy Saunders < NSAUNDER@WISP.K12.WI.US >
Stevens Point, Wi USA - Monday, June 28, 1999 at 15:15:45 (EST)

Hi I'm looking to see if anyone knows where Nancy Foreman is. We went to school in Tripoli together through 3rd grade then they split the school district and she had to to to Tomahawk after that. We used to be best friends until she got transferred. She would have graduated in 1978 if she was still around Tomahawk. Anyone know her or where she is? I think of her often. janetedmonson@hotmail.com
janet edmonson < janetedmonson@hotmail.com >
USA - Friday, June 25, 1999 at 03:08:13 (EST)

Discovered the Website while reading the wonderful article about the Memorial Park playground equipment built in memory of Getty Pickett. Nice to see old friends in the picture, too. We discontinued the paper years ago so the site is a nice way to keep up with changes in the area. Wish some energetic soul in the class of 67 would organize a reunion one of these years. Happy Summer. Lynn Jarvis Geddes
Lynn Jarvis Geddes < geddess@infinet.com >
Cincinnati, OH USA - Thursday, June 24, 1999 at 11:59:34 (EST)

Really nice to discover THE LEADER on line. Bob & I will be visiting in July - Aug. One of our sons lives there with his wife, my husband was a long time resident so he will enjoy checking this out!! See Ya Soon Wisconsin!!
Candy Michalski < michalski@shasta.com >
Redding, Ca USA - Monday, June 21, 1999 at 16:28:22 (EST)

Tomahawk Has What Wausau Should Have A Great Web Site!!!!! My Father Owned JACK ALLARS Tavern in Wausau For Many Years. We Get To Tomanawk About every Three or Four Years. IT STILL IS GOD'S COUNTRY!!!! Keep up the Great Work. PS It's 107 degrees today in Avondale, az.
Butch Allar < rallar@hotmail.com >
AVONDALE, AZ. USA - Tuesday, June 15, 1999 at 17:20:09 (EST)