Calendar
Tomahawk Leader Internet Edition - Newspaper in Tomahawk Wisconsin Photo Album
Photo
Album
Map
Map of
Tomahawk, WI
Grey Bar
The Tomahawk Leader is a state and national prize-winning weekly newspaper serving the scenic Northwoods area in and around Tomahawk, WI.

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbook Page 2 (more)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tie to Tomahawk: The Tomahawk Leader
I grew up in Tomahawk and graduated in '68. Moved away in the early '70's, but I still have relatives and friends up in the Tomahawk area. I keep current on happenings with the website and newspaper. Love them both. I get back at least once or twice a year, but never for long enough. Would like to hear from anyone back "HOME". Keep up the good work on this great site.
Rose (Conant) Bradwisch <rbradwisch@hotmail.com >
White Lake, S.D. USA - Wednesday, February 10, 1999 at 16:20:10 (EST)

Great web site Kerry. It's a fun way to keep up on the northwoods news. All my memories of the time I spent in Tomahawk are fond ones. Though I really enjoy living in Milwaukee (I even have become a sushi addict), I treasure the time I am able to spend in Tomahawk. I usually get up there every 8-10 weeks. I get squirelly if I don't get up there! It generally takes me a few hours to wind down to the more laid back pace, but by Sundays I am refreshed and refocused. I'll be up in a couple weeks for a visit and can't wait.
Michele Martinez <mmartinez@chw.org >
Milwaukee, USA - Monday, February 08, 1999 at 16:38:58 (EST)

Oops, email address left off previous note
Steve/Elaine Romanelli < linny924@aol.com >
Winfield, IL USA - Thursday, February 04, 1999 at 09:47:36 (EST)

Hi.Looking for historical information on the old "Holloway House" on Clear Lake (north of town off Highway 8) Any ifnormation would be appreciated!Thanks
Steve/Elaine Romanelli
Winfield, IL USA - Tuesday, February 02, 1999 at 13:48:59 (EST)

Great Website. In spring, summer, and fall I feel at home in Tomahawk. I haven't been up there since September and I really miss the North Woods. Unfortunately, I had go back to work. Anyone have an alternate. I just love the nature and adventure. Great to have Tomahawk Leader on the net. Cindy......
Cindy Javens <CinJav@Execpc.com >
Muskego, WI USA - Thursday, January 28, 1999 at 21:13:38 (EST)

Hi everyone, I Just got a call from my folks (Bob and Eunice Oertli) telling us that my mom's picture is on the internet at your website. So, I had to check it out. Nice job. I'm really glad to see that the newspaper has such a website. Keep up the good work.
Barb Reuter <breuter@twcny.rr.com >
Fayetteville, NY USA - Tuesday, January 26, 1999 at 19:33:43 (EST)

Greetings from sunny Southern California: Great Website. Can't wait to read the Tomahawk Leader every Tuesday to see what is going on. Keep up the good work and I really loved the photos of the fall foliage that you had in October. Thanks. I grew up in Tomahawk and graduated from THS in 1953. My father was Dr. William McCormick..His father and mother settling in Tomahawk in the 1800's. So our family goes back a long way but none are in Tomahawk any more. I returned for the first time in 15 years this last summer for our 45th class reunion. What a blast! Haven't had so much fun since I left it. Hope all is well,I do keep in touch with some of my classmates who have returned there to retire and have vowed that I will comebackfor Yesterfest every year. It is one of the friendliest places in the world and the lakes and woods are the most beautiful. Keep up the good work and thank you for giving all of us the opportunity to reconnect with our roots every Tuesday.
Helen McCormick McGinley < hmcginley@webtv.net >
Huntington Beach , CA USA - Friday, January 22, 1999 at 00:12:23 (EST)

Greetings from the "Midlands" of South Carolina. This is my new home away from home. Just wanted to say hi to all my family and friends in the "Beautiful NorthWoods!"
Monica Randall < monij@mindspring.com >
Columbia, SC USA - Wednesday, January 20, 1999 at 17:58:15 (EST)

Great Website--nice to see what is happening in "God's Country". Haven't been up since July 4th '97 for the Oelhafen Family Reunion. Mary's Grandfather owned the first grocery store in Tomahawk in the early 1900"s, so we have been coming up for vacations forever, we missed last year, but will try to make it this year. Beautiful little town, friendly people, excellent environment, what more could you ask for. Keep up the good work--nice to get current news right over the internet.
Paul & Mary (Oelhafen) Lemke < trekker@execpc.com >
Port Washington, WI USA - Sunday, January 17, 1999 at 21:16:23 (EST)

Great Web Site, love to come home and see whats up in Tomahawk. Been gone since 1971 but take great pleasure in reading the Leader on line.You're doing a great job, keep the hometown news coming.
Vincent Smith < h54smith@bellsouth.net >
Gulfport., MS USA - Monday, January 11, 1999 at 10:30:04 (EST)

Was raised in Tomahawk, from 1929 till 1941. Dad started following defence work.After I got out of the Army,stayed in Okla.(married Okla.gal)Tomahawk still considered MY HOMETOWN. Dad was Carl Riemer, Uncle was Don Scott (TFD)Would like to hear from anyone that knew the them.
Mel Riemer < Texoma2 @aol.com >
Lawton, ok USA - Saturday, January 09, 1999 at 15:25:42 (EST)

I enjoy the Questbook. I lived in Tripoli and Tomahawk until 1993. We operated the Wilderness Inn at Tripoli from 1968 until 1988. Would enjoy hearing from anyone from the past. I will be E-mailing Jim Laine very soon. Hello to all. Donna Hebert
Donna Hebert < greywolf@shasta.com >
Manton, Ca USA - Saturday, January 09, 1999 at 13:54:16 (EST)

I'm another one of those "spent all my childhood summers... and now I bring my own daughter..." Although our family place is in Irma, Tomahawk is my favorite. It will probably be another 20 years, but I'll be up there to live permanently when I retire. I couldn't live without the peace of mind Wisconsin gives me "North of the Tension Zone" Buy Girl Scout Cookies!!!!!
Laura Stream Wijkowski <lsw@ionet.net >
Chickasha, OK USA - Saturday, January 09, 1999 at 12:42:11 (EST)

This is a great site! Enjoyed reading all the comments. We own a cabin on Mohawksin and spend our Summer vacations there each year. Like several others who wrote, I spent my summers as a child in Tomahawk. It feels like home when we are there, even though we live in North Carolina now. Keep up the good work - Leader.
Janis & Larry Hendrick < Redwingers@aol.com >
Fuquay-Varina, NC USA - Monday, January 04, 1999 at 15:27:55 (EST)

Hello Tomahawk fans! I get back often to visit my parents (Harvey & Jan Nelson) who live on Nokomis Lake above Bradley Dam. I am currently living a few minutes north of Green Bay and am employed by Fort James Corp. as a Corporate Converting Engineer. Kerry- the guestbook is a good idea.
Craig Nelson < craig.nelson@fortjamesmail.com >
Suamico, WI USA - Tuesday, December 29, 1998 at 15:28:37 (EST)